Growing 5 auto's in grow buckets for the first time ever with both

Those are some pictures from today. I have to make more room inside the tent

8 Likes

Just dont over think it, just go with the flow and trust your inner farmer and let him shine through! Oh yeah and be stoned :rofl: cant forget that. Be stoned to a point your not stoned no nore (medicine still works)

8 Likes

One thing I failed to mention in all my senseless rambling
is that auto’s for the most part are more finicky than photos
so don’t get too concerned with a little necrosis here and there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Marty

8 Likes

I actually on my last grow with the Candy store clones did about 6 times the reccommended on the Gaia Green bags. What I did was put in twice the amount per gallon of soil on three DIFFERENT Gaia Green products, the all purpose, the flowering, and the insect frass. Along with compost, worm castings, azomite, and kelp meal
and 
and

Here was my formula:

Gaia Green pre mix per 10 gallon of soil (coco/Pearlite 50/50)
Makes 13.5 gal. 100% Organic mix
Worm castings 1 gal.
Azomite 1 cup 16 Tbls.
Frass 3 cups 48 Tbls. 3/1/2
Power Bloom 2 cups 32 Tbls. 2/8/4
All Purpose 2 cups 32 Tbls. 4/4/4
Compost 1 gal.
Kelp Meal 1 cup 16 Tbls.
Billions 1 Tbls
N P K
aggregate 9/13/10
Divide by 3 03/04/03 actual

|At one week before flip add 1 cup per 8 gal pot Power Bloom 2/8/4
|Two weeks later add 2 cups per 8 gal pot Power Bloom 2/8/4

Marty

7 Likes

No problem. Thank you very much for all your input. Just trying to learn something. And not fail at everything. My life sucks. But i have all you people to help me through. Thank you all.

7 Likes

Just added the trellis net. Going to water my lady’s when the kids go to bed.

Today’s photos.

8 Likes

Don’t know how to read my meter. Im getting a reading 15.5 before I add anything to the water. I just calibrated it as it said to do so. And it reads 15.5 im so confused

8 Likes

I will try your mix on one of the next runs. Thanks again for all your help. Time to go to bed now. It’s 3:00 am. At least the kids are sleeping :sleeping:

7 Likes

What is the reading supposed to read when im in EC mode. I know Mr Monkey was saying 4.0 when I add the Cal Mag. Im so confused using this meter

8 Likes

My soil mix was developed from three “organic only” grows. And is for fabric bags of 8-10 gal with top-down watering. Not sure how it will work in a plastic 5 gal bucket with the grow bucket system. I think @nacho151 would be the one to advise on the best soil mix to use for the grow bucket system.

Marty

8 Likes

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and Dakine 420 nutrients, it works great for me! *** UPDATE*** I also use humic acid when I transplant into the buckets and 2 weeks into veg and a week or 2 into flower.

9 Likes

Im thinking of using my fabric pots on my next run again. I was trying to figure out how to make this easier for me on this one. So I used the buckets. I might do a little of both next run

8 Likes

That looks like a PPM reading. Not familiar with that meter though. I use a separate ec/ppm meter and a standalone pH meter.

Marty

9 Likes

It’s the Apera pc 60 meter . I couldn’t read this stupid thing last year either. Probably why everything is always messed up . It wasn’t cheap i tried to get something good. But I don’t know how to use it properly. I don’t understand why the decimal seems to be in the wrong place when im trying to read it . That’s why im always confused. And im pretty sure i posted the wrong picture to

9 Likes

If I remember correctly when I had to PH and TDS everything, before I went to organic, there were three different readings on my TDS meter. Two different EC settings and the PPM reading. They are one and the same, jut different readout with different numbers. But they all represent the same thing, I just used PPM and forgot about the EC readings. Bear in mind that things like humic and fulvic acid, and PH adjusters will all change the PPM readings but have nothing to do with Macro and micro nutrients, so one must deduct those numbers from your total PPM to get an accurate representation of the actual nutrients in your water.

Marty

9 Likes

Thanks. It’s in the EC mode but it always has the wrong reading. Don’t understand why ? I have to call the company and see what they say. Its most likely I’m a Retard. :laughing:

8 Likes

0.4!!! 4.0 would kill em quick :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s not a ppm reading, it’s definitely EC on that picture BUT displayed in ”S/cm (microsiemens/centimeter) instead of mS/cm (millisiemens/centimeter).
If you look at the chart I send to you @greyalien44 , you’ll see EC is displayed in the milliesiemens/centimer value.

Milli:

Micro:

In other words, divide you’re reading as your meter is set at the moment by 1000 and you get the millisiemens/cm reading (0.429). Which is pretty much perfect.

I believe you can set your meter to ms/cm as well.

Nothing wrong with the meter, great thing!
@TheMadFlascher jump in, this is your area of expertise :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Just gonna have to get used to doing that math, well moving a decimal point in your brain with that model.
From your manual.
7.2 Unit Conversion
a) 1000 ”S/cm = 1 mS/cm = 1 EC (In conductivity mode, the unit will automatically turn from ”S to mS if the reading is greater than 1999 ”S, meaning you will only see 2.XX mS instead of 2XXX ”S)

9 Likes

Yeas I saw the meter reading but I didn’t see the .before the 429. I guess the meter doesn’t display it?

8 Likes