Growing 5 auto's in grow buckets for the first time ever with both

Nah nah nah, read my post again :wink:

7 Likes

I can set the meter. That is the default setting of 7.1
What should I set it to ? I appreciate :pray: all the help. The only thing I seem to do rite all the time is Fuck up. Itā€™s hard to try and focus on anything but my 2 children. They keep me busy all the time. Thats another reason i set my timer for lights on now at 5.00 pm and off at 11.00 am . So i could try and have some time to get things done at night while they are sleeping. I truly love this place. I feel like everyone here cares for the most part.

9 Likes

I have to look into to use this meter rite.

8 Likes

We do care. Thatā€™s why I want to you to take a deep breath and relax :slight_smile: Growing is hurdling. Got to jump the obstacles to get to the finish. Sometimes you trip and crash into them. Get back up and start running and jumping again :wink: The only difference is this is not a race. Thereā€™s no time limit. Take your time. Donā€™t be so hard on yourself.

Now lemme dive into that meter manual of yours! I have a different model Apera, but they look a like.

6 Likes

Yup, you guys have got it !
Most quality EC meters have the two scalesā€¦you can choose it to read 1400 or 1.4ā€¦it really has never mattered much to me, it seems kind of intuitive.

9 Likes

Yeah so just like @Dog_Fart1 mentioned, what I understand from the manual on page 7, it switches automatically to mS/cm above 2000Ī¼S/cm (which is 2mS/cm). Youā€™ll get the hang of it.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know if this will help.
And yes im very hard on myself. One of my reasons i smoke is to keep me from being so depressed. Being out of work for 2 1/2 years and no income can make you very depressed and at the same time being a stay at home dad has really gotten to me. Once again thank you all so very much.

9 Likes

Would it be better if i set it to 0.50 on the Tds setting?

7 Likes

That goes beyond my knowledge about it tbh. Hereā€™s a bit more about that TDS factor: https://in-situ.com/us/pub/media/support/documents/Total-Dissolved-Solids-from-Conductivity-Tech-Note.pdf

@TheMadFlascher Do you know what factor we need for our solutions? I canā€™t change that factor on my meter I reckon.

6 Likes

Iā€™m getting confused myself hereā€¦ :rofl: Electric Conductivity is measured in mS/cm or ĀµS/cm, doesnā€™t matter, but I donā€™t understand what that TDS-factor setting is for.

6 Likes

Im going to leave it alone and just convert it myself. I always over think everything. Sorry donā€™t mean to make anybody crazy

8 Likes

My real name is Rob. So when you want to curse me out for getting anyone crazy. You can use my real name :laughing:. The TDS setting i think is for companies that use different conversion methods. To come up with how they use ppm in there nutrients

8 Likes

Hey Rob, no worries here on GNā€¦some of this shit is confusingā€¦donā€™t know anyone here that hasnā€™t FUā€™ed something along the lineā€¦
You know, youā€™ll almost always find nutrient solutions discussed in ppm or EC. I think sometimes guys will buy the tds pens believing they are ppm, TDS is most often used when talking about water qualityā€¦especially water ā€˜hardnessā€™ā€¦

9 Likes

Thanks. Just want to do something right for once. Ill keep at it as long as i can . And im sure one day i will understand what im doing. Everyone here has been great :+1:

10 Likes

That reminded me that I ran face first into my basement sliding door screen door and ripped it out of the frame the other day lolā€¦DUH!

Marty

11 Likes

Haha must have been an hilarious sight :rofl: Not injured too bad mate?

8 Likes

Na just injured ego is all lol.

11 Likes

@greyalien44 ,@MrMonkey420ā€¦

Here you go guysā€¦I havenā€™t even messed with TDS for so long, I had to go look it up myselfā€¦

https://stevenamefeatures.com/qa/is-ppm-and-tds-the-same-thing.html

10 Likes

Good stuff thanks

10 Likes

Iā€™ll be using those charts soon :crazy_face:

11 Likes