Growing in my window, what soil to use?

Hey all I’m new here and had a few questions. I recently germinated a seed I found in my bag and transferred it to a small pot after the root sprouted with soil I got from outside, My question is when it out grows this pot, which soil should I use to transfer it into for best nutrients? I have lots of direct light during the day, I’m unsure if it’s auto flowing so I was going to mimic the less hours of a fall day by splitting the time between the window sill and the closet.

I’d appreciate any and all advice as this is my very first attempt.

Hope everyone is having a good day

3 Likes

Here she is

2 Likes

Hi @skygazer

Welcome to GN and good to hear you have a seed sprouted. Sorry but I dont think that is a cannabis plant sadly.

When did you plant the seed?

I can suggest a soil mix 50 % compost/potting soil and 30% perlite/coir/peat moss in a 10 litre pot. Consider using some liquid nutrients like the biobizz range to cover the plants nutrients requirements during the entire growth life cycle.Some examples of super soil mixes if you want to do it yourself.

3 Likes

I sprouted it about 3 weeks ago. It took a while for it to come up the soil… what makes you think it isn’t a cannabis plant? I do have more seeds

1 Like

This is about 3 weeks of growth from seed of a cannabis plant, yours looks completely different. A picture of a cannabis seed to:

3 Likes

Weird, that’s what my seed looked like :thinking:

1 Like

I hate to say it, but I’m with @chrisj here too. My 1st thought was that it doesn’t look like cannabis to me either.

3 Likes

Looks like rose moss

4 Likes

That ain’t right bro. Try again, or maybe you have an extremely unique cultivar

2 Likes

But when you do get a good seed going. I prefer coast of Maine seed starter. After that some MP for outdoor growth. Just make sure you have some perlite or cocoa core mixed in if you’re using something else. Cannabis roots love air. If the soil is too dense it won’t grow to it’s full capacity

1 Like

4 Likes

Portulacas or purslane is my guess. Definitely not cannabis. If that’s the case though then there’s no way to confuse the seeds. Those have seeds that are about as big as a poppyseed.

4 Likes

Maybe you had a seed and it didn’t pop and you had purslane (girlfriends guess. She was in hort in school) close by and blamo. I’ve had cannabis seeds pop, get planted, and disintegrate leaving only a shell and maybe some white mush. But anyway welcome to the addiction.
Also good call @KevGrows and @Hydro so much information can be found in this fourm.

4 Likes

I knew it looked familiar. I know it as moss rose.

Either way welcome, great place to be!

5 Likes

The red stem has even me a little suspicious. Cute little pot. I don’t know where you hail from but in Cali you can get clones for $10-30.

1 Like

What else was in the bag?

2 Likes