Growing Organic?

I have my own opinions on this subject that don’t particularly support this method but wanted to see what you all had to say about this one. I don’t want to be single minded and would like some feedback.

7 Likes

Organic growing has a place, just as conventional salt farming. It’s a decision as individualistic as choosing your underwear in the morning!

As is true of life, I like trying a little of everything. Organics are my mainstay, but I am always experimenting with new products and methods. This is how I learn: very kinesthetically! I often trial nutrient lines for manufacturers to offer feedback and suggestions.

I encourage every grower to try as many styles as possible to find what works best for you!

6 Likes

Is there a commodities type push here? I’ve seen some organic nutrient lines like MammothP outperform conventional methods. And with the whole Organics movement still influencing buyer decisions, it seems a logical move to grow organic.

Isn’t it fair to say that one of the promoters for cannabis is that it’s a natural plant from the bounties of the earth? Why taint it with anything else? [Hope this doesn’t across as too soap-box-like]

5 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I think this is less of a commodities push as much as a hopeful paradigm shift that transcends the cannabis industry into agriculture at large.

The fact is humans are over-mining the remaining phosphorous existing in this Earth - some experts have estimated we have less than a few decades before we before we have mined out the majority of the available remaining phosphate (SOURCE: Yale University). Products like Mammoth P and SECOES Microbial incorporate microbes to unlock phosphorous already naturally existing in our rhizosome. These natural microbial processes allows growers to reduce our dependence on critically precious mined phosphorous. I think the move to organics is not only a logical move influenced by the buying habits of our consumers, it is absolutely necessary to the long-term sustainability of agriculture - and thus, our food supply.

3 Likes

Happy Cannabis Farms is planing to do a 15k sq foot indoor facility using ROLS. It is the most logical choice. There are so many grow licenses here in Oklahoma. We want to stand out and take care of our environment. We only have one Earth.

4 Likes

Our organic fertilizers are used on one of the largest farms in Humboldt County. Honeydew Farms 6 acre farm, has used our blends for a few seasons.

We are helping simplify application methods of micronized blends through dosatron fertigation units.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching HoneyDew on Instagram for a little while now. They definitely love what they’re doing, and the crop shows it. Or is that because of your fertilizer that makes the crop look that spectacular?

4 Likes

Can you guess who we filmed for Episode 6 of Canna Cribs?

5 Likes

Yes our blends watered in aswell as other amendments in soil. With a farm as large as Honeydew, consistency in feeding is crucial.

2 Likes

:thinking_face: I can’t wait. When is the anticipated release date?

2 Likes

To maintain that consistency, is it safe to assume that they have some unique technology center or control system for the farm/room/plot/all of the above?

What are some of the main systems for controlling nutrient consistency in larger operations?

2 Likes

Compost tea brewers and stock tanks as far as I know. Alex told me his crew still hand waters until further advancements such as fertigation and drippers are inmplemented

Because our blends are suspension grade and as long as the solution is in motion or arerated good, no problem

2 Likes