Growing with Cannabis Journal

There is no generator there, and dont have one. Thanks for the wishes, and yes things are looking better in the last couple weeks. Will update with pictures soon.

9 Likes

I want one of those for my grow room…the girl in the middle lol.

Looks great !!

Marty

10 Likes

The winter crop of some locally bred seeds coming along and almost ready for harvest. You can see to the left the beds have already been prepped with compost, living soil and horse manure. We are waiting till the 20th September to plant outdoors. Also got some bamboo stakes to hold of the plants later on in the season. Almost full steam ahead for spring.

These cuttings are only a couple weeks old and have already rooted, just need to start growing towards the light.

The mothers, fresh new clones and genetics to. This is a newly built room, about 6ft by 6ft with a 240w Kind LED.

List of strains:

Mango Coffee
Bruce Banner #3 x Sugar Caine
Banana Mac x Sugar Caine #3
Strawpicanna
Tropsanto
Jack Herer
Tokoloshe Sherbert
BD x Skit Cake
Geist Dream
White Rhino
Bleu Dream
Jet Fuel x Sugar Caine
Orangeade
Francos Lemon Cheese
Beach Wedding
Blue Dream
Nova Naartjies
Slurricane
Jet fuel x Sugar Caine
Blue Dream x Skit Cake
Banana Kosher Kush
Sugar Cake ( Jungle Boys )

All our clones in veg. We trying to get them as big as possible to get clones from them before we flip 30 of them into flower and plant the rest outdoors.

17 Likes

My mates at the Canna Club did an interview with me while I was at this years Garden Route Cannabis Cup. The media manager made this video of my journey the last couple years with cannabis. Quite a laugh, and there you have it. #cannabispromoter

Some pictures from the Garden Route Cannabis Cup that took place earlier this month 6 & 7th of August. First set of pix are of the Canna Club, this is where we stayed and is an independent social club based in Plettenberg Bay. It has a large social area where you can get food, drinks and weed. The selection of cannabis is tops and a member has a choice of flower, pre rolled joints and hash. They had their new hash master their, his name was Bertie and he was busy setting up hash department on the farm. His bubble hash was sticky, smelly and tasty to smoke.

Below is the team of growers, Wayne and Dons work area. They have over 79 varieties of genetics they are working with in this greenhouse and grow over 1000 plants for members per season. On the Saturday morning they had a bokashi workshop and demonstrated the entire process. It was a great learning curve, and if their garden is anything to go by, its worth the effort of including bokashi in any garden. The duo also won a first prize for highest registered THC results for their own strain called Nova Naartjie.

Part of the judging of entries during the 3 days while I was there and pictures of the event at the EXPO centre.

18 Likes

That is amazing!

9 Likes

Mixing Soil 101

This soil mix taken from Reefermans soil recipe and added a couple extras.

1 part composted horse manure
1 part coir and perlite mix
1 part soil mix
I also added potash, biochar and worm castings. Sweated like a pig on a hot first of spring day. I got about 30 x 20 litre bags filled with the soil mix and letting it chill for a couple weeks. Lined up in the orchard where it gets good sun and easy access to water. Happy spring Day southerners.

15 Likes

Nice work @chrisj

7 Likes

Thank you @st0na , lets see what the season brings. Holding thumbs for something great and putting whatever I have into this grow.

8 Likes

Awesome @chrisj good luck with season grow hard good soil good start

8 Likes

Very amped about making good food. Yesterday I did something special for a mate that has been helping me out. Made a flemish potjie. The day started out early as I had to clean my potjie pots, they had rust, so it was a couple hours cleaning two posts, but damn they came out looking good and clean.

potjie

/ˈpɔɪki,ˈpʊɪki/

noun

SOUTH AFRICAN

1. a cast-iron pot with a lid, typically having three legs, for use over an open fire.

Slaughtered our last pig on Ramblers Rest a couple months ago and wanted to do something different every meal with the free range pork meat. Saw a flemish potjie and it caught my attention, lots of pork pieces and interesting veggies. Swopped out the kale with spinach from the garden, added a couple extra herbs ( thyme, salt, pepper ) to the pot, layered the recipe as per instructions on this link and let it sit for 3 hours simmering. 3 kilos of pork was consumed between 5 people. Smoked Terple last night, what a special strain.

Hope everyone is having a good weedend. Happy sunday y’all.

10 Likes

Sounds like a good feed @chrisj love South African food we got a nice restaurant here were i live its our go to when we have a night out

8 Likes

Surprisingly with the ingredients, it was damn delicious. I was nervous, as the recipe is not complete. Good to hear you enjoy south african food, it is delicious and different. What do you enjoy the most? My first meal in the USA was a cheese burger and chips, with a key-lime pie. Still one of my favourite staple foods.

8 Likes

Its gotta be Steak eggs and chips good old kiwi feed and dessert would be Custard Apple pie and Hokey pokey ice cream.South African food is different but is definitely delicious but i love all sorts Thai food top of my list to could eat that everyday but love Indian food aswell

8 Likes

We eat alot of indian food out here. We have access to all the spices needed so atleast once a week, a long slow curry is made. Already getting hungry and need to build a wormery, do some gardening!!!

8 Likes

@chrisj gotta love a long slow curry a wormery would be cool cant wait till we buy a house my whole yard be one big garden am cooking pork chops and veges as we speak

8 Likes

Lots of work being done, as spring has sprung and we have 12:01 hours of light from yesterday. I have already planted a couple seeds outside but the main planting happens in a couple weeks. 100mm of rain in the last 5 days around here, so luckily decided to harvest our auto winter grow first. These are homemade auto regular seeds, made by mate down the road. Not bad for his first run of seeds, 60% turned out perfectly. A couple turned out to be make and hermies. Decided for an early harvest due to all the rain. We also noticed signs of bud rot and found a couple worms in the buds.

My indoor room was switched to flower last week Friday, plants are looking strong except for wedding cake, she is just not performing, going to swop out that variety for something that is doing well and maybe plant wedding cake outdoors. Biggest issue last few months have been powdery mildew, the sun has changed and now we are prepping for temps 35 degrees plus.

Mothers and clones are doing great, the room is working like a charm. And so happy to have got this 18 year old box refurbished. It was made 18 years ago by my old growing buddy, so it puts a smile on face to see it in use again.

And with the hard work of my girlfriend, our seeding and veggie garden is coming along strong. We eating from it every day and adding to it every week. Looking forward to eating fresh this spring and summer.

Been busy doing events to, very excited for next years Agricultural Show, they have doubled our space and given the cannabis community two outdoor venues. I already have verbal agreements from two major sponsors and now drawing up a proposal for how the " Cannabis Hall " is going to work and get it approved. We going to have a smoking tent and bar!!!

On Saturday I hosted a small event in conjunction with the rest of South Africa to protest our proposed cannabis laws. The event was a huge success, although we did not march or hand over memorandums to municipal managers, we did bring cannabis community together.

Further, in the next two weeks I am firing up a small business that I chatted to @Slym3r about. Going to push the envelope and start selling clones, CBD dog treats and coco canna balm at our local farmers market. Going to share the journey here with ya’all, #cannafam.

12 Likes

So chuffed, made my first worm tea in a year and now using it weekly. The wormery made out of an old steel bath is working like a dream, as soon as its running properly, I am building another bath full of worms. Free nutrients from waste, gotta love it.

9 Likes

Awesome @chrisj any pics of wormery if that alguds have seen a few bath tubs ones but all set up differently love the growth plants get from worm tea tho its like you watch them grow after you put it on and gotta love free homemade nutes

8 Likes

@chrisj love what your doing for the cannabis community over there to much love and gardens looking great autos look good to

9 Likes

Just took some happy snaps and would be glad to share. The black tub is my original wormery going for about 2 years, and the bath is the one I made when we chatted. I created a filter with shade netting over the plug ( outlet ) , about 3 types of shadenetting to keep the worms and vermi compost in the tub. Then layered it with about 3 inches of horse manure, some ripped up pieces of cardboard, 2 spades of soil and watered it lightly. Then added a 25 litre bucket of kitchen scraps, and then layered with 2 inches of cannabis leaves, shade netting covering everything and a zinc roof sheet on top. That is that and here it is.

12 Likes