Guns in dispensaries

By God, I could not more appreciate your humble willingness to accept advice! Thank you so much for being open to our suggestions, my friend. I wholeheartedly support you!

Here in Southern Arizona, especially when writing from 10 miles away from the border, guns are generally part of our culture. As a cannabis aficionado, patient, and legal grower, I NEVER put guns and cannabis together. Not in practice, carry, discharge, and certainly never in consumption. In our dispensaries, regardless of our legal status to carry (no need for a CCW in AZ), we never allow people to carry save for the 3rd party armed guards who protect the premises. Nobody else is permitted to carry. Period.

I applaud your decision. Now you can sit back, put some smoke in the air, and let the pros take the risk and liability. You will still be safe…in oh so many ways!

Cheers

2 Likes

That’s OK. That’s what professional group do. They are sounding boards for ideas and plans.

As I have said and will continue to say there are no secrets in floricultue. Just a lot of best practices.

Spend money on what you think makes you and customer safe. Use double lock air gap door entries like a Dimond brokers use, if you think you might have a problem.

If you send me an pm I will tell you a funny story about guns and cash businesses. I don’t want to publicly post the story Wilber and his kids are still alive and in business.

Third party security fixes all the liability issues as long as in your SOP, you formally review and document, your providers licenses and violation every year prior to contract renewal.

@420FriendlyInsurance thoughts?

From the voices in my head
Ethan.

3 Likes

I hired a security firm. Done deal and I still feel good about safety. Thanks everybody!

3 Likes

Jeff,

That’s good news all around :upside_down_face:

You achieved two goals.

1. How do I keep my employees and customers safe.
  2. How do I limit liability as a business.

That is empressive analysis. You looked hard at both ends of the spectrum. That is so hard for new business owners to learn.

You should screw with the Federal government. Go to Small business administration The local SBA incubator, is required to offer you help. Just tell them you want sell homeopathic heath care products like The Essence of Health in Duluth, Minnesota. The will give you the most amazing help. Need a retired small business owner as a mentor, for free? They have a problem that matches retirees to new small businesses. I used them to help build my marketing model for local specialty cut flowers grown for local markets. We wanted to grow flowers that could not be stuck in a box and shipped halfway around the world. They match me up with a woman who was retired from local market development, In Kansas City. We spent part of our development time defining what different practices. We picked two from the five we defined with our SBA mentor. She worked with us for 2.5 years, became a really good friend. She died in her sleep at 76 years. Old, she loved our products. She would come every Monday morning for coffee and seconds. She loved flowers. The local florist community filled her funeral with flowers. :slightly_smiling_face:. Her family was in shocked they new there mother loved flowers and volunteered for the SBA, but had no idea that it had made such a difference. It was the only the third time in my life I had been to a Christian type funeral services. First catholic.

It’s fun to see how much hard earned experience is give away for free by retirees. I use to go to a Saterday morning coffee with retired greenhouse growers, as a 15 to 19 year old kid. I learned a whole bunch about different eras of greenhouse production. These guys wanted me to study abroad for my senior year in high school, I did. :upside_down_face:. Learned a lot. Got to see lots of the flowers, that I ended up growing professional during that year high-school year. 6 months in Bolivia and 6 months in Rhinebeck, NY. I got to see the tail end of my big 3 money makers grown in 1900 style Glasshouses, in professional production. And got a part time job at the grow after school for 2 hours a day. I was not allowed to keep the money because of the program I was on. I had to find a local charity to donate too. I picked the local food shelf.

Take all the free government service, that your tax dollars paid for. :money_mouth_face:

What does the contract for the security firm look like? Can you post a copy with all person information blacked out? :grimacing: it might help other owners. Community. The floriculture assiation does this kind of stuff, all the time.

From the voices in my head
Ethan

2 Likes

I have the security guy coming on Monday to sign a contract. I will post up the contract as soon as it’s finalized. I might take you up on those offers, they seemed to have payed off big time for you. I am getting real close to the point where I want to start taking on help. So far it’s been a solo project. Next phase is an acre greenhouse and a manufacturing plant. I will for sure need help by then.

2 Likes