Has anyone heard of ‘steaming’ the roots of clones to make them puff up?

Someone i work with is saying it works. I dont know it might or it might not, curios if anyone else has ever tried this.

Basically the idea is to have water get hot and turn to steam and evaporate onto the roots of clones to make each root all puffy.

2 Likes

Never heard of hot water, but misting the roots with room temp water is a damn fast way to watch them grow.

3 Likes

I’m sure if you use a cool humidifier you can get a a decent safe misting otherwise I’ve never seen anyone mention steaming roots

3 Likes

Yea this fool must have meant misting, aero ponics i know all about that. Ugh idiot almost killed my clones! Thanks.

2 Likes

He is not an idiot, you are the guardian of your plants. Do what you think is right. I remember when I was head deep growing indoor plants. My oldest mate who was growing indoors in the UK came and stayed over for a couple nights. We smoked like a kings, loved most of the weed he smoked and then made recommendations on my nutrient schedules. I took his advice and screwed the cat. It was my fault to take his advice. Always be careful of advice unless you see first hand results and the benefits.

5 Likes

I second that notion dont even trust official feeding schedules Nectar for the gods claims 6.3 ph is good for even coco coir and right now one of my plants definitely has slight nitrogen deficiency and the others are growing slower then optimal so I’m lowering back to 6.0 that did fantastic my 1st grow

1 Like

Yes you can do this but it depends on what’s in the water that’s makes so there are particulates in ur water that’s how u can make colloidal silver my using electricity to charge the particulates in the water so I would think because of exp it’s actually the synchronicities of the water , particulates in the water , and electricity measured thru a certain ome is what controls the flux of hormones being sent inorder to use the stomata propely to where ur working ur plant out not jus growing it

2 Likes

And I only know these things because my father was an horse farrier , and trainer and taught all his boys young about the physics of the horse hoof and how to clean bacterias with certain things that have crazy particulates . That’s how I learnd watching my dad work with vets and treat thrush , abscess , all kinds of crazy stuff u would be amazed what grows in crap

1 Like

So I stick between 5.9 and 6.1 I try not to go over

1 Like

And it is misting idk why some1 would steam them I can see room temp or the same temp as ur solution. But iv def mistd things and taped paper towel to Horticulture tweezers and try to pat dry asuch as I can after I I mist to try to rinse things to try to grab any particulate.

1 Like

5.5 to 5.8 is even better.

1 Like

If you steam em, they will be dead. The upside is if you like cooked MJ roots lol.

2 Likes

That’s what I hear but I use compost and chances are there is soil mixed in there and I bet it buffers it perfectly at 6.0 and I dont wanna mess with it my green crack has tripled in size this week so it’s obviously using the nitrogen well

1 Like

Yep with “natural” soil you can run the PH higher and it will “self balance”

2 Likes

just a quick update- the people who were trying to ‘steam’ those clones ended up not knowing a single fucking thing. i ended up quitting. they butchered any plant i left then they accidentally burned everything down including their house.

3 Likes