Homie's Hawaiian Homegrown New Grow 4/20/21

It was open for anyone actually. Sort of a public cry for HELP!

1 Like

Amnesia Haze is day 31, and the Big Bud is day 24.

I will be drilling pots tomorrow. I may have to buy a pool liner.
An old shower curtain will work, and a new one is probably cheaper than the pool liner.

1 Like

Well they’re probably about a week behind where they should be. But I really think your problem is light. I know no one ever wants to hear that but that’s it. Once you fix that problem the rest of them are easy.

3 Likes

One of the guyz here was getting rid of his old lights and sent them to me.
I do not have them yet. Here is a pic of them he sent me.

4 Likes

You can go to the dollar store and get them thin clear plastic containers or clear plastic trays they got all kinds of crap. You’d be surprised what you can find in the dollar store or dollar tree or dollar general whatever that you can use for this grow for cheap.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check out the dollar store.

2 Likes

My plan is to mount the 2 Cobs on top, a set of blurples on the top sides and the other set aiming up at the underside of the plant to take advantage of more surface area for thc production. Hopefully between all of them, there will be more than enough light.

1 Like

Go in there with the problem and come out with a solution. If you go in looking for one specific item you might pass up something else that might work better. So keep an open mind and walk through all the sections and look for Solutions. You will be very surprised what you can come up with for very little money.

3 Likes

I’ve seen people do side lighting and have limited benefit. It will give more penetration to the canopy through the side. But you see how the plants leaves are shiny on top and dull on the bottom, there’s a reason for that, I don’t know what it is but I know there is one. So I would not recommend uplighting. Also remember more lights more heat equals more ventilation.

2 Likes
1 Like

So, based on that, more light underneath should cause the plant to flow more chloroplsts to both sides of the leaf to enhance production. Makes sense.

2 Likes

Go with what you know.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m going to re-design my tent setup. New light configuration, and different dirt, if I can…
Fabric pots and a water system. I had started with something like this on our first grow, but my lack of experience made it a nightmare.

I am asking for help to do this design. I am planning an auto watering system. Any suggestions on controllers? Prebuilt systems?

2 Likes

I quit using soil just for that reason and fungus gnats I do all Hydro now. If you’re going to use soil or cocoa auto pots are a fairly popular watering system

I would suggest looking things up on YouTube I have found so many creative ideas to do so many things on YouTube. There’s thousands and thousands of Videos pertaining to the cannabis industry. It’s a great place to get ideas and learn DIY techniques for building systems exactly like you’re talking about.

3 Likes

We were looking at Hydro, but a friend that does it told us some horror stories about his grows. We know dirt, so that’s where we are.

1 Like

Most of the horror stories I’ve seen are in deep water culture. If you do ebb flow. You can use perlite Rockwool and a lot of other things even red lava rock. You don’t have to worry about water temperature because your roots are not sitting in the water. The water floods your tray then it drains three or four times a day. That’s it, all you Gotta do is make sure you use the proper amounts of nutrients. I am not here to talk you into something you’re not comfortable with so stick with your soil now and do a little more research.Once you get the new lights everything is going to change.

5 Likes

Yup. Let me run the tracking number again and see if they found them yet.

2 Likes

Nope, still lost.

1 Like

Both have perked up and there is some space opening between nodes/branches.

I’m drilling holes

6 Likes

Since they had such a good response to higher lights, I upped them some more. Drilled lots of holes in the pots, and then watered them on schedule. There are small sticks and rocks in the dirt to increase airflow also. A few worms in there too.

5 Likes