Hello community

Thought I would say hi to the community.

6 Likes

Welcome, and hello right back to you

3 Likes

Well hello…:+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! :metal:

1 Like

Welcome pleasure to have you here, enjoy your stay and come back often.

Marty

2 Likes

Welcome, I’m new here as well. I’ve been reading a ton, lots of knowledge here.:money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hi my friends. Did not mean to create a thread. Learning the site.

So does anyone here trying to build thier own light? That was what I was in search of. Ever since PLC ran out of strips I guess; decided to try, or think about led per build idea. This is a bit of a chew though it could be a answer to cheap DIY idea. If any of you already do this… Can I please see, post and colaberate your build. I have built one photoboost concept and like it.

Next is does anyone here have a Syence light with Thea programing? Have you had success with it? I hate to admit I threw it on a timer for my brain not to blow. It would be nice to use the receipe function.

Any input? Thank you for responding to a new comer here.

3 Likes

Hi @grogin

Welcome to the growers network community. Check the search option on the top menu bar and search terms like “DIY LED” or cheap LED system. Take my hat off to you for wanting to make your own, I would rather buy a tried and tested system from growershouse.com

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/diy-led-light-build-help

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/diy-led-grow-light-need-help

@PreyBird1 builds his own lights.

1 Like

I have built 5 of my own lights. Cost is similair to a fully built light. My best light has a 2x 480 watt divers -10% for driver efficiency. It cost me $865 to build so its $1 a watt. I intended to build more of the same light but the boards sold out too fast. And i was only able to get 4x of them.

The frame.

These heatsinks are specially ordered for this build and longer than needed for 2 boards. But the cooling and cool factor is undeniable! Now everyone makes these switching boards from veg to flower and i dont like that. These boards have Uv built in. And then i went over board and added the v2 elite light engines on each corner for corner/edge lighting. And this lights is awesome. I wish i had 8 more boards.

3 Likes