Hello everybody

The first thing I want to do is give all of you a heartfelt thank you for the card and well wishes. It really touched my heart. I know I just bailed out without a peep, but it wasn’t by choice.

3 months ago, I suddenly got sick, at first I thought no big deal just a little throat tickle and dry cough. Then things turned worse, called the Dr and was told to shelter in place, use regular over the counter cold remedies and stay at home. I had never been sick exactly like this, (symptoms were different) Anyway 8 weeks went by and I just wasn’t getting better, called the Dr. back because it had gotten to the point that I could hardly breath. During the whole thing I was literally so exhausted I couldn’t even get up or down the stairs to my basement, to get online or to do anything for that matter. (I am hardheaded and should have never let this go like I did) They sent me to a respiratory clinic, that took one look at me and sent me directly to the ER.

Turns out, I had gotten Covid, which I had actually gotten over but the Covid had reeked havoc on my entire systems. I wound up in the hospital for two weeks, failed kidneys, two pulmonary embolisms in both lungs, bacterial pneumonia in both lungs, failed gall bladder. A systemic infection throughout my entire body, and although had never had it before raging diabetes. Thyroid glands blown up and filled with fluid. Just pretty much screwed up all over. Anyway I am home now for the last week, I am tied to an oxygen machine, which I am not certain I will be able to get rid of. My breathing is much better than a week ago, they just aren’t certain how much lung capacity I will get back because of all the scarring. I don’t really understand it but apparently everything that I have is pretty common in cases of some people that get this Covid virus.

Anyway I drug my hose all the way to the basement to get online and post, and let you all know why I disappeared. I also wanted to once again say thank you so much for the card sent by Jammer, and all that digitally signed it. I am working hard with therapists, and trying my best to get back as close to normal as I can. I am right now just so tired, and have so much trouble breathing, that I am not going to be online very much. Right now I just have so much medical stuff going on that I am pretty overwhelmed. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to join all the fantastic people here on the forum again and continue my cannabis education !!

Again thanks so much for all the well wishes !! I will try to get online as soon as I can.
Bless each and every one of you!
Marty

22 Likes

It’s good to see you brother
Get lots of rest

3 Likes

@MrBlue @Jimhigh66 @Olcoot @PreyBird1 @bobette @happilyretired
And lots more people
I’m not sure who all he interacted with

7 Likes

Glad to here from you my brother we all sent many prayers for you hoping your ok. Get rest my friend and do what you must do don’t worry about anyone here but glad you came here to tell us this. God bless you my brother…
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

6 Likes

Wow, you are one tough individual. Glad to see you are doing better. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

@sssportsmfg Yayayayyayayay glad to see ya !!!

You keep being a tank! I can’t believe what you went through. Damn.

5 Likes

Thoughts and prayers brother, get well soon!

5 Likes

Good to hear that you are home and at least feeling some better. Keep pushing brother!

4 Likes

Wow bro had no idea so glad your still with us and I hope for a full recovery

4 Likes

Stay strong! Get well soon!

4 Likes

Wishing you the best and hoping for a speedy recovery

4 Likes

Damn it’s so good to hear from you Sport!!! Can’t tell you how many times you were mentioned, by so many people here, who had you in their thoughts and prayers!!
Sounds like you have endoured and survived a damn near complete organ shutdown. Confirms my suspicion that you are indeed tougher than saddle jerky!!
Take it a day at a time, spoil yourself whenever you can, and just keep in mind how great it’s going to feel getting back on that bike for a nice day trip!!
Soldier on…Bob

7 Likes

Happy to hear you’re coming along. Stay strong. Hope the rest of your recovery is quick and gets you back to yourself, soon.
Good vibes and happy thoughts!:green_heart::v:

5 Likes

it was really sad to hear that covid took you down. prayers to you and wishes for you to recover, stay strong and heal.

5 Likes

There really is a Catch 22 here. Part of me is so thankful to see you check in. The other part of me is heartbroken because of what you have gone through.
We all hoped for the best, but every time I turned the news on Missouri was leading with the Delta Variant.
To say you are missed is a understatement. I damn near turned into a stalker. And believe me; I hate stalkers.
We all felt so helpless and lost without you Marty. Kept hoping you were hiding until I finished the WWX.
We all knew better.
Glad the card lifted your spirits. Your message and checking in with your grow family has lifted ours.
Continue getting well my brother.
:fist:

@LoCoRocK, wanted to tag you to see this also.:fist:

8 Likes

Hey brother how are ya?

3 Likes

HOLY SHIT. Man this covid is aweful its killed too many people close to me already. You have all my prayers. But any of us will help you at a moment’s notice! If you need anything let us know. We can help. Ohh im so glad your with is still and fighting. This community was my mental Rock when i had that bad motorcycle accident. I needed my family here to help me make sense of shit that had happened to me. So hit us up anytime because your family. Fight and take back what you can. I didnt give up and you wont either!!

6 Likes

Glad to hear your feeling better @sssportsmfg. Sucks that you had to go through all that. Glad to hear your feeling a little better.
:v:

3 Likes

WELL…there is 2 upsides to all this it sounds sport…

1. Your immune to covid now… :grin:
  2. You’re still kicking!!

The way I see it your coming down the third base line and almost home.
For the record you only need 1lung and a kidney I think so you got that going for you. Oh wait there’s a 3rd - your outlook on life has surely broadened I bet. Congrats on staying alive and all that jazz. Ya know I have asthma and one of the funniest things ever a Dr said to me is " ah breathing is over rated anyhows" LoL
I got a good chuckle out of that and we all know laughter is the second best medicine after Mary. I will get serious for a second and sincerely wish you the best on the recovery and health. Take it one breath at a time and see you when you get back. You know where we’ll be!!!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry! That sounds awful! Wow I hope you start to feel better soon. The most Important thing to do is rest. Miss you!!

5 Likes