Help grow tips

The voice of experience says- don’t go cheap on the lighting, pay now or pay later. Cheap LEDs still generate lots of heat, so if you are in a warm climate you’ll pay with the A/C. Insulate the devil outta the walls, and consider either high gloss white paint or rolled plastic reflector, air exchange and CO2 generators are necessary to keep CO2 levels correct after 3-4 weeks of growth. Unless you have grown before, the learning curve is long and arduous and you never know where to place the emphasis. Good luck. This is the place with the best advice!!!

3 Likes

In my opinion, led’s are not where they need to be… yet. I would say old/new skool. Go with a DE HPS/MH combination and a heat pump to control your heat.
It’s a ballance of spending $$$ on electricity for the long term to control heat and produce light, or spend $$$ on LED’s up front and buy a smaller air conditioner.
My vote… hid!!!

3 Likes

Im surprised no one has suggested cmh yet more efficient than hps/mh cheaper fixtures than led and i personally have had amazing results i just phased out my hps/mh i only have the illuminar de 1000w hps im testing other than that il be moving forward with led and cmh in my personal setup heat was a determining factor in my decision thaat and seeing what Samsung diodes and meanwell drivers are truly capable of same with the cmh

6 Likes

Yes the CMH is one of the best. I totally forgot about that. GOOD CATCH. God there is just so many light options now and i like to play with things and means money $$. Gotta pay to play.

4 Likes

@scotty17 it’s cool bro, I never owned a blurple, I ass u mmed them maybe better than t5’s or cfl :wink: much respect :wink:

2 Likes