Help me please plants are dying

Hello guys,
My girls are now only 2 weeks to harvest but 2 of them have suddenly dead. Do you guys have any idea what’s going on? Both dead plant were under the canopy, they both couldnt reach light, only some branches were seeing the light. Maybe they’re dead due to lack of light under the canopy. Is it normal? I’m just afraid of harming the healthy ones.

The roots are brown but they were brown for a long time because my nutrient water is all the red/brown color. My system is Flood table with rockwool blocks and I have been using H202 all the time. Nutrients are all advanced nutrients series.

2 Likes

@happilyretired runs a flood table

3 Likes

I also have a DWC set up going too. It’s just now finishing up. It’s a 27 gallon tote and It has a 8”net pot. I am still growing in a inert media and I am still having pH problems. Not a whole Lotta difference of the roots in the solution or the solution going over the roots three times a day. The end result seems to be the same. That is why I’m going to go drain to waste. I’m going to get timers that work down to the second so once the water comes on I can time it till it runs out the bottom of the pot. Once you get that figured out, you will just need to increase the frequency of waterings as the plants grow. :thinking: I think it will work we shall see.

Sorry about that I posted this before I read above I was thinking I was posting somewhere else.

6 Likes

There was someone I think it was @daurwid Who had some fungus in his cubes. I can’t remember if he was getting ready to flip or had just flipped his lights. But he had a couple of plants die on him overnight or very quickly and he started looking at his other plants and he said it look like they all had it. So he was cutting clones and starting over.I hope this is not happening to you at this point. That’s a heck of a root mat you got going there.

1 Like

This is correct, I was in veg stage with some plants that I wanted to be mom plants. The base of the trunk turned brown almost like a dried hay or straw then you could see the base below that where the trunk meets the rockwool and it was clearly separating for me. The plant was desperate to fight whatever was in the rockwool as it was attempting to regrow back over the rot into the rockwool.
I also run H202 in my systems but this one still got passed me.
After a lot of thought, there were many ways this could have been caused for me. I believe the fungus was able to survive because the nutrient water was not fully submerging the rockwool. This means a portion of the rockwool was never getting hit with the H202 from the buckets. But of course it was too late at this point for recovering those plants.
So if your flood is not fully submerging the rockwool, you’re still giving a space for bad stuff to develop within the rockwool.
This is my opinion of course.

6 Likes

Looking at these pictures, it seems you may have over watered. I do not normally see the roots come out of the rockwool unless there is nutrient water available for them to spread out. Before you water any of the plants - use your fingers and touch the rockwool (after cleaning your fingers with H202) and see if it feels moist, if it is, do not feed. When it feels dry, then you feed.

[edit]
Depending on the size of your plants, if you can pick them up and they feel really light, then you need to feed them. If they are heavy at the rockwool, then wait to feed.

3 Likes

The biggest suggestion I have for both of you, @sebi and @daurwid is to run some healthy microbes in your nutes, and beneficial enzymes. I prefer Voodoo Juice and Sensizym, but there are others on the market.
Those 2 things are going to be your safety net to help prevent any unwanted microbes in your cubes.
I’ve always used those and haven’t had any issues with my plants that grow in rockwool the past 2 years.
:v:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m also suspecting of overwatering, I’ll reduce the cycles

1 Like

I used hydro guard for the first time this batch based on a lot of recommendations. At this moment I can’t recommend using any benefitial microbes. It is one of the variables that I am trying to rule out in my situation. It’s possible my microbes decided to turn bad but I’m not sure.

3 Likes