Hemp, its uses and the future

We love growing and smoking recreational cannabis, but what about the better cousin, hemp? Always seeing posts about hemp, the highest hemp building, used to make surfboards, you can eat it, use it for paint stripper, plastic composites and eventhough you “cant smoke rope”, its become a popular choice today for its CBD content.

One of my most precious gifts is a hemp surfboard made about 8 years ago by a late mate, Chipper Williams. He custom made this board which is stronger, lighter and faster. He used hemp fibres and a hemp resin to layer the board, a weed leaf of the cultivar “tribal vision” was used for the board. A special piece.

South coast surfboards #southcoastsurfboards hemp #cannabis #tribalvision #freeourminds #fastboard #shortboard #babarootsboards #madewithlove #southafrica

Anyway thought of posting some interesting stories here about hemp and its uses. So for starters here is the one about the hemp plane.

Lets keep this going!

9 Likes

Hemp building blocks, hemp garden pots, hemp building materials gonna exploded once they truly see how diverse hemp can be

4 Likes

@csrtslammer , I agree 100%, I think its going to become as common as coca cola on each corner. We just wont know it if you not looking for it. I think hemp is so diverse and useful that its just going to be used in 1000’s of products, I know that a couple companies are testing it in bison boards. I met a couple fishermen last year who are developing new bait using hemp, and people using it as a pool filter. Great times ahead.

https://pgbison.co.za/blog/interior-trends-for-2020

3 Likes