Hemp Production Experts

Hello @growopowners, @mastergrowers and @GrowOpEmployees!

We have a farm in NC that we are entertaining for growing Hemp and I am looking for a good resource to learn the ins and outs of (or the best ways to begin) hemp farming/production.

Can anyone educate me on this so we can get this hemp ball rolling in NC, the correct way?

Looking forward to receiving your expertise.

Thanks!

Cabell

4 Likes

Im not privvy to NC’s laws on hemp production but one thing to bear in mind when going into commercial hemp production is that IRRC there are no(?) EPA labeled pesticides or herbicides on the market.
Min risk products can be used if not prohibited on the label and approved through the state. So at this point, organic production may be something to consider if the costs align with the business plan.
Were you planning on cultivation for fiber, seed, or metabolites? Another big hurdle is to find a reliable and consistent test company to turn in your THC compliance forms as the state requires. The hemp program here in AZ is just starting up as well so its been a hurdle for farms in this state to set this up for themselves as well as find seed that is certified safe (low THC) here.
But i hope you persist like a lot of the farmers in AZ, hemp can kick out 4 seasons a year with up to 90% water and resource savings over cotton. It will def be a good cash crop esp with secondary products like seed and oils to recover.
I would suggest calling NCDA and see if they have someone that can go over the details of NC’s program and point you in the direction of seed/clone suppliers (ideally certified seed) and at that point i would ask those seed producers the best practice to grow their specific cultivar.

All the best!

3 Likes

I could help you in California or Colorado but no real experience or knowledge of NC. Good luck

3 Likes

Mike thanks for the note. We did grow 2 acres outdoors as a test this year. We have the form thing down and a supplier for cloned plants that have the proper THC level.

The CBD oil and buds are what we have focused on- the fiber prices were not good.

With the weather (hurricanes) we had here this year we are wondering if the greenhouse route is the best option- any opinion on that?

Thanks

Cabell

3 Likes

I have a way of Cloning with our root powder that will help you get clones cranking out roots in 4-5 days ready for transplanting. That is from the ground up where I can help. We are designing a new Hemp nutrient system that is going to be a 1-2 part nutrient line with specifically Hemp in mind. It is going to be a low cost and very effective Hemp nutrient. The root powder is organic and is our flagship product. I would love to get a sample in your hands if you are planning on cloning your own plants. If you are buying your clones, then we may be able to help with feeding them in the near future when the Hemp line is out.
How long is your season over there?

3 Likes

I think @markmountainshore should jump in on this conversation to answer this quoted question.

Happy chatting and growing gentlemen!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

2 Likes

We are looking into industrial hemp in Oklahoma and the only way forward at this time is through a relationship with an institute of higher learning. The grows have to be part of an education study program to be federally compliant. There are only two school options in Oklahoma and neither is excepting new producers. They said they will probably look at their plan again in November. I thought this was true throughout the U.S., but maybe I’m wrong. Can someone clarify?

5 Likes

They are granting a license to existing farm operations here in NC/ you have to prove farm income and they will give it to you!

3 Likes

Hey Thomas,

We grew about 5000 industrial hemp plants right here in Oklahoma through our sister company Herbs Herbs. We partnered with Langston University back in June. Now is the time to start getting ready for 2018.

Feel free to give me a shout and I’ll tell you what we’ve learned.

Jesse
(833) 437-2743

5 Likes

Hello,

I am responding to your email regarding the farm in NC .We are out of Ma and do to this industry being rather new and at time difficult to navigate .Laws and wasted capital on unnecessary equipment and or unsustainable practices can be a direct link to failure. This is where our Construction and consultation teams come it and not only directly built to suite but also teach the new operators the ins and outs of your new grow operations. I personally over see the entire operation and maintain constant contact thru out the entire process with those involved and also with my diversity in the field directly and my coast to coast contacts lend a helping hand when it comes to pheno. Hunting and getting the best possible strains to suite the needs of the patients you’ll be providing life saving medications to. We also are offering services in the art of distillation and the making of concentrated cannabis products. I can be contacted at 978-587-5600 for any questions you may have and looking forward to helping you thru this process and literally planting a seed and watching your dreams grow

Thank you

Drew Cibotti

978-587-5600

3 Likes

Hi there Thomas,
I’m the COO for cannabisbuyer.com. We are doing a lot in the hemp space. If you need a hemp counsel referral. Please let me know. Each state has their own rules.

When you come online, we’d love to help.

Namaste,
Angella
angella@cannabisbuyer.com

3 Likes

Jesse,
If you have material this year. Please let me know. Most of my contacts are OR , CO & KY. We’d love to expand into OK. Additionally if you need toll processing, we have large scale available contracts in CO & KY.
Namaste,
Angella
Angella@cannabisbuyer.com

3 Likes

Good evening Angella,

I saw your reply over on the forum. I’d love to hear more about what you guys do.

Jesse
(833) 437-2743

Herb’s Herbs
Industrial Hemp Farm
Grown By Oklahoma’s
Oldest & Largest Greenhouses

1-833-HerbsHerbs

4 Likes

Hire J Gold, of Tacoma Washington, he will teach you the “Right Way” the first time.

He has won over 30 cups, has strains of his own and is the best Breeder in Cannabis.

Go on Linkedin, J Gold, message him and tell him I sent you, he is a friend.

Mark Gordon Cooper

CEO of OxywoRX, Y Not Group of companies.

3 Likes

Edward- thanks for the note- generic question- any opinion on greenhouses versus outdoor fields?

3 Likes