Here I grow again

Before you guys get too, fired up on that 6 foot boat, here’s a little information about them for you.
In my opinion, they are a novelty.
These things will beat the shit out of you. Plain and simple. If you have a farm pond and you wanna rip around in it, that’s one thing but if you’re gonna go anywhere that has Deepwater think about this. There’s no room for flotation in that boat. Zero. Well almost anyway. they’re using 5 to 700 cc engines, two cylinders. All the ones I’ve seen so far are two stroke. They build a box out the back of the boat under the swim platform to contained intake. That’s the only way to leave enough room for a person in Front of the motor. This would be a cool thing to make for your kid.
I haven’t seen any videos that go more than a couple of minutes with people riding in these things. The longer videos usually have multiple people taking turns. That speaks volumes to me.

Moral of the story,
A six footer, is more or less a novelty. Or maybe something built for a small child.

If you’re gonna run, super skinny water, you can build a 10 footer and you can use a smaller four stroke engine in it and run all day on not to much gas. You can put a giant motor in it too but you really don’t need to.

If you need to make it a little bit more, “family, friendly” or you need to make it, so it will hold 4 passengers, even though you don’t intend ever put them in it, you get the 12 footer. That gives you a little bit more room for comfort, and a little bit more stable platform to put 300+ horsepower in it if you like.

This is one man’s opinion.
:thinking: actually, this is just me spewing a bunch of useless information that may or may not be 100% correct. At least to anybody but myself.

I hope everybody has a wonderful Sunday morning…

It’s a wake and bake and drink a cuppa coffee with a biscuit kind of morning for me… obviously :laughing:

12 Likes

I totally agree with you on all the statements you make on the 6 footer. I was taking about having your 12 footer, that is way more sensible for the inland lakes around me. I also live by the Great Lakes, which you need a much bigger boat. I have been in a few very bad situations.

10 Likes

Yeah me too! Not that childrens boat! :stuck_out_tongue: Heck, do me a 24 footer!

10 Likes

Talking about toys, a mate has a Caterham 420R and we took it on a day out a while back. Man that’s a fun car. Bang for bucks. The thing weighs only just over 500kgs and has 200hp, so the car has a hp/tonne ratio of… 420. And let that be a great number! It’s cheap and you can even buy them as a kit.
It’s an unhinged monster drive… eats the road. It’s brutal, it’s raw, it’s RWD, man you feel alive in that little thing. Felt like an F1 driver. I want one now.

Here’s one:

9 Likes

Thats a little beast @MrMonkey420

8 Likes

haha

9 Likes

The car is very cool. Eat up that porch too,impressive. But it would be hard to sell being a one seater. I need a lot more money than I have to have one of those and a wife at the same time.
So I’m building a boat instead. And I can take her with me if need be. Any nearby river is a race track. And if I can get near enough to it, I can just push the boat off the trailer and slide it in the water, go out, ripping, hook a cable to drag it up the bank, and then just crank it back up on the trailer with the winch on the trailer and go home. If you can get to the water, it doesn’t even cost anything to launch. i’m not exactly sure yet but from what I understand I should be able to launch this thing and take off in about a foot of water. And then once up on plane, you can run in 3 inches all day long as long as you don’t stop until you’re at the deep water again. That’s one reason you need a passenger. If you get stuck, it’s nice to have someone to help push.:joy: :v:t3:

12 Likes

Definitely a nice car, but I believe the person driving the Porsche needs a little more experience. Just my opinion. @happilyretired as for your boat, all the possibilities are awesome. I’m Just a little jealous, and I’ve been in many different boats.

9 Likes

Yeah the Porsche driver was an amateur, the Caterham driver experienced for sure. It’s a 2-seater btw, @happilyretired !

11 Likes

That’s not a remote control boat . I thought you was building an RC boat? LMAO :rofl:

9 Likes

March 1, 2023.
The 3 cups have stupid fruit. Two are up. The other one is just below the surface will be up directly.
In the cubes is Hibiscus. There are two out of the three that I soaked. One split and showed a tap and then stalled. so I just soaked another cube and dropped a unsoaked seed in it. The stalled one is in the cube that doesn’t have any paper around it. I expect probably two days before the unsoaked one emerges. Anyways, I’m just gonna do six quick little plants I get plenty from my outdoor so I really don’t need to grow any right now but I want to. So I’m just gonna run one light in flowering and I’ll take them all the way through veg in the cabinet. Dehumidifier only no heat or AC. The high in the room got to 72 yesterday with the dehumidifier running, and last night it got down to about 67°. Close enough for guess work. :wink::+1:t3::v:t3:

15 Likes

Hey happy, What strains are you popping?

8 Likes

Better known as slightly stupid. And.

They are both Humboldt seeds.

14 Likes

I didn’t get any of those fruits they mention (papaya/mango/strawberry) from that sniff card, but pure pine! Smelled very good tho. Curious how these turn out in the end.

9 Likes

What nutrients are you running @MrMonkey420?

7 Likes

I ran Biobizz, very happy but not suitable for dwc or reservoirs as they’re organic and go bad quickly.
Canna now for the past 2yrs. Very happy with em!

9 Likes

March-4 …:+1:t3::v:t3:

16 Likes

babies just love them :slight_smile: thanks for the look

9 Likes

The stupid fruit is way more vigorous than the Hibiscus. The stupid fruit had tails 3/4 of an inch long in 24 hours. The hibiscus had all three split two with short tails in the same time. The one that split and didn’t have a tail I didn’t have much faith in, so I dropped another one directly in a cube. That’s the smallest one. The cube with no paper around it has been thrown away. That was the one that just split. :+1:t3::v:t3:

13 Likes

Well, today is the day of the first BBP application. All but one are showing roots in their cups. The smallest one was started two days later it will probably be showing roots tomorrow or the next day.

And here is my volunteer. Just for fun I sprayed it with BBP also. Supposed to get a crap ton of rain tonight so I improvised a little vented cover to keep the water from washing off my leaves. I’ll remove it tomorrow. :+1:t3::v:t3:

If this volunteer stays fairly small, I’ll dig it up wash roots off and put it in a bag with Promix. might as well flower it out with the others. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes