Hey Oregon, Ready for the State to Monitor Your Harvest?

From Marijuana Business Daily:

Oregon to inspect outdoor cannabis harvests in response to federal law enforcement pressure

It’s a weird idea to have an entity of the state just hanging out with us in the field. This is an unusual tactic that I’ve never seen deployed by any cannabis enforcement authorities until now. Any thoughts, GNET?

1 Like

Yep, no problem with me. I asked my agent if he was going to bring gloves or if I should I get him a pair. He said hes not allowed to work, but would want to. I told him how lame that was, and that he would be better off in the thick of it. I told him that he will be really bored, but my dad will be there to entertain him.

It is just me and my friend/employee slamming plants for 4 or 5 days. Fun stuff!

2 Likes

So interesting to have these relationships with state officials! And oh, what fun for pops!

2 Likes

Well… My original agent was lenient (in a site vs rules sort of way), reasonable, personable, non-bureaucratic. He quit, went to work as a compliance officer in the industry and I got new, very bureaucratic, by-the-book, and intimidating agents. Then this year, I got a new guy just like the first guy. Very candid conversations, very easy to talk to. I hope he sticks around!

2 Likes

Pretty much every OLCC agent is an ex-police officer, according to my new agent who probably tells me things he shouldn’t, but I find that to be trust building. Just like police officers, some are community oriented and people-people, some are very much tough agents of the law. I prefer the 1960s Andy Griffith version of law enforcement.

2 Likes

I think EVERYONE prefers the Andy Griffith type law enforcement official to the beat-all, hyper xenophobic Joe Arpaio type…at least in our business! lol

2 Likes

Just for the record, this is silly and I doubt very much that harvest is the time when product is being diverted. Who would even want to buy a whole wet plant? I think the easiest place to divert would be between growing and processing. The yield of hash is so variable, and hash would be much easier to ship. In fact, I can’t think of anyway you could determine what an average hash yield should be, for monitoring purposes.

I have also heard the following shady story: A friend of mine said he had a half ounce joint, and I thought it must be a righteous blunt. Nope, it was a joint. I said that can’t be more than 1 gram. He said, “oh yeah, they weigh it including the container”. #1: ?!?!?!, #2 not legal, #3 a tiny pre-roll plastic tube doesn’t weigh 13 grams. We weighed it, closer to 5g than 14g. The only conclusion I can draw is that they are recording 1g as 14g sold and diverting the rest. Shady stuff, the fleas will be shaken off as we go. Like this local happening just yesterday!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/06/credit_card_fraud_financed_sta.amp

3 Likes

LMAO that is a hilarious story! Time to weed out the fleas!

3 Likes

I’m not sure Oregon gov, will bow down. They may… But who really cares, if they want to take the time to check. OK.

3 Likes