Hi my friend has 2 seeds and one of them he isn't sure if it is dead or not he has another seed with discolouration anyone give me advice on this for him

3 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @Hobbyist growers. Any insight here?

4 Likes

The second pic is dead for sure the other looks like it’s having s hard time so who knows.

2 Likes

That pot looks huge. Is it under some good light ?

2 Likes

That dirt is dry ass hell. Cut a water Bottle and make a dome mist the bottle inside and slip it over the seedling.

6 Likes

Tiny seedlings get most water from the air. They dont have a much roots yet. And i would probably mist that dirt to moisten it up a hair.

5 Likes

Put a humidity dome (a cut in half water bottle) on it and put it under 20-4 lighting. It will b fine. It’s not dead at all. Within 24-36 hours she will b up and perky. Take her dome off for about twenty mins at a time every few hours to give her some fresh air.

A tbsp of water 1/4 inch from her stem would b good too
Good luck!

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s dead yet, if it lives, probably be a runt

Northern lights that popped on 10/2/19 sad shape

Here it is today, it’s tiny, but alive, soil is hot (ffof) and just watered an hour ago

I would give it a week or so and see what happens maybe a dome would help

5 Likes

FFOF isn’t hot. Seedlings do fine in it.

Your baby looks good. Keep it up farmer!

7 Likes

It is under a 1200 watt light

2 Likes

I agree that it’s not hot, been out of the game for a while, cause I shouldn’t jump because everyone else did :stuck_out_tongue: (a lot of people say it’s hot, I never had a problem though)

5 Likes

Keep it at least 24” now. Seedlings don’t need much water or light. U can love a seedling right to death.

5 Likes

Alot of growers I know start in solo cups to start root growth… Once the roots have developed they transplant into bigger pots/bags… The bottom one is dead for sure like @PreyBird1 said… Top one will need alot of care… Just remember roots don’t like thick muddy soil so don’t overwater they like moist soft soils… Sometimes you just get bad seeds but you’ll be surprised what a little love can do I thought a few were goners for sure but pulled through with some love… The trick @PreyBird1 said to do with water bottle is a great idea

4 Likes

4 Likes

Go figure on how that one is the one that looks dead from before

6 Likes

Ya def not dead. That is how they look when they first pop the seed cap. ALL babies look like that at some point. They just get color very quickly.

5 Likes

@justgrowin @piper … I had one that looked like that and a gave it almost 2weeks and it just shriveled up so I tossed it

5 Likes

Maybe I did something wrong

3 Likes

Sometimes they will dampen off but the stem looks different when that is happening. You will see the stem in the middle get skinny. If u zoom in on his pic the stem is thick and white and looks healthy. It’s just a baby that hasn’t stood up yet. They usually are lacking either light or humidity or both.

7 Likes