Hi my friend has 2 seeds and one of them he isn't sure if it is dead or not he has another seed with discolouration anyone give me advice on this for him

Yep. Just give them time. :grinning:

4 Likes

@kirsh Hi and Welcome to the Network :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is how mine started and they have done wonderful!

2 Likes

@kirsh Piper’s right… how rude of us… Welcome to GN :handshake:… do you yourself grow or just your friend?

2 Likes

Germinate them and find out.

1 Like

@kirsh im.new as well only on.my second run but I think at that stage 1200 is a bit much as well.as that pot size for now use a dome and use a smaller light

I have been amazed at how many times I thought something was toast only to come back a day or two later and it be full of life.

That one girl is pretty brown though so some extra humidity might get her jump started if she is alive.

3 Likes

the soil looks like it has a lot of perlite will drain water fast might need to water more often

2 Likes

Yeah, I use the lift technique, I have that mastered with those coffee cans, like riding a bike or swimming, you never forget how :wink:

1 Like

1st is still good. Just spray a light mist with a spray bottle to keep the top of the dirt wet. 2nd one is yellowing out which is pretty much done for. You can try misting a zip lock bag and put it over the top. See If it’ll recover. Hope this help. Good luck!:call_me_hand:

Hi,

It looks like a mixture of genetics, lighting, drainage and soil ph.

Good luck and you can always clone one if it survives and bounces back:)

Start in a plastic solo cup. It’s much easier to control the water. When it gets 5 (real leafs) internode tall. Repot to 1 gallon. Then 1-3 weeks and repot to 5-7 gallons.