High, I'm Freakshow

High everyone. I’ve been gr4owing for 15 years with varied success. Hoping to start a company when my state finally legalizes. I have branding figured out and a decent plan and will most likely be looking for venture capital to help.

Anyway, I’ve started out in soil using Fox Farms soil and nutes. I didn’t go all in on every bottle they sell, just the Base Trio and the powdered additvies. Got some great plants for a while then, as noobs do, started overfeeding and screwing things up. So I switched to coco. I did a lot of research and the nute line came down either Advanced Nutrients and Canna. Did a side by side with both systems and AN won hands down. I had read a comparison between several different bute lines and in that comparison the AN Sensi line (pre pH perfect) had grown the healthiest roots. Earth Juice had the best tasting buds in that test. Anyway, had some great success using the AN Sensi line, ph’ing to 6.0-6.1 and only using the hobbyist bundle. I was getting 6-8 ounces per plant in 3 gallon containers. life was good. Then I moved to a different state and An changed their formulation and everything went to shit. I haven’t gotten those numbers since. I started a thread about it so I won’t harp on it in this one.

For lights I run a 4 foot cool tube, mounted vertically with a 1K Hortiluxe Eye Super HPS in each end. This allows me to grow bigger plants and harvest bud from top cola to almost the level of the substrate. It works very well. I also run a horizontal COB LED from BC Blondes. Good light and I got a great deal on it when they were phasing these out for their game changer light. So basically I’m running 3K watts in flower. The room is cooled by an 18K BTU mini split AC.

Veg room is run on 8 bulb, 4 foot T5’s with an Apollo 8 LED, and Mar Hydro LED and a 1K watt MH light fixture. T=Plants start under the T5’s, thekprogress through the lEd’s then finish vegging under the MH.

Current Mom’s:
Double Strawberry Diesel - original Reservoir seed stock. such a delicious strain.
Hippy Slayer - Bodhi Seeds phenotype. One of 2 strains i have ever had that actually cuts through acid. So amazing
1991 Virginia Skunk - Jaws Genetics
Blue Sunshine - Blue Dream x Sunshine Daydream by Bodhi
C99 - Grail cut x original Brothers Grimm C99 F4 male.
Blackberry Kush - clone only i got from a trusted friend in Oregon
Wedding Cake - this clone was passed to me by a trusted grower and friend.
iCookies - not sure if this is a phenotype of GSC or a cross but damn it’s great smoke.
1988 G13Hashplant - got some 15 year old beans to pop. Currently have 3 babies, praying for a male and a female.

also have 2 one gallon freezer bags literally packed full of seeds of all different genetics. Some in original breeder packs, some in bags that were made by friends and passed along.

got lots to play with, just gotta get to grow up to snuff.

thanks for letting me come aboard.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum freakshow glad to have you here definitely interested to see your grow

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @freakshow
Lots to learn here and lots of great people/growers here.

2 Likes

Freakshow welcome to GN show we wish U all the luck in any future projects and we will be interested to follow ur grow. Good luck and be safe

2 Likes

Where you from Freakshow? I know a “Freakshow” here in Hawaii.

2 Likes

thanks for the warm welcome folks. I’m in the Midwest US.

3 Likes

I’m in florida

1 Like

I talked to a guy in disney that’s a native Hawaiian and he told me. Some of the best weed is grown on the big island just curious if it’s TRUE I know you guys have some of thee best volcanic soil in the world

2 Likes

Very true, but for weed, the local dirt has to be cut with something. We never mix more than 25% volcanic dirt to the mix. On the big island, they grow the good stuff in a cow pasture. I know the grow’s owner. He switched over and made it legal. He grows for a dispensary now.

3 Likes

That’s very cool ty

1 Like

So when should I expect my bag of Hawaiian soil lol jk

2 Likes

LMBO! Dude… LOL I have had the worst luck with dirt all last year. This year is different, and I’m not planning on doing any mixing for a while.

3 Likes

Welcome Freakshow. I am in the same boat you. Developing our plans for the business while we wait for our state to pass the Legislation, five years in the making. Starting some mothers soon and laying out our strain plan.

2 Likes

Thanks @thumbuster. I gotta say, financing scares me. What are your plans for getting the money to build a farm?

1 Like

We have Venture Capitalists we work with. We will also be starting Credit Unions for Growers.

Matthew Carlsen

Operations Manager

Critical Path Management Consulting

1-575-302-6230

2 Likes

and thank you for that, my friend.

1 Like