Hoop House as a Closed System

30 x 30 exhaust fans using solar panel for power?
fan
hoop house 2
30 x 30 fan will move 5,801 CFM.

8 Likes

Also a mix of shade cloth and heat/mold resistant strains

8 Likes

The outside air would still be upto 95f/80rh

7 Likes

Yep, I forgot about intake. They would need a sealed system with an air chiller for air intake.

7 Likes

I was just thinking @wow_arizona would have some good ideas he is in a real hot environment but probably has low humidity.

7 Likes

I run shade cloth, an overhead misting/rain system and have open fencing for cover. My rain system is on a timer so it keeps RH good during dry times. During monsoon, I have the opposite issue and have to immediately change approach and watch for bud rot. If I had the dollars, I would love to cover and enable a light dep situation.

8 Likes

The “consultants” came. They still suggest a cooling pad. In fact seems like most people use those here.

Anyone here have any experience with flowering at warm temps and 80% RH? Is it doable?

7 Likes

I think it’s possible but you’ll have to be very careful with the strains you pick and I would expect to lose a % of the crop. Over a few seasons you could select then ones that tend to do better but the better option is probably to find out what genetics other local outdoor growers are using because they’ve likely gone through that process themselves. It still seems crazy to me to add humidity at 80% RH on flower.

7 Likes