Hoppiefrogs indoor no till living soil and knf techniques (10k ig giveaway, win a full size spiderfarmer led and much more on my Instagram!)

That’s awesome man , more ppl are realizing the cost savings and quality that living soil brings to the tables every day lol :wink:

6 Likes

My whole goal is pennies on the dollar. Thats been my drive since day one.

5 Likes

Honestly this will be my first run that I’m focusing so much on efficiency, it’s definitely the way to go if your looking to set up a commercial grow. investor’s want to see solid numbers that way

5 Likes

Could I ever brainstorm with you? I am at plans being drawn up phase. I need all the hamds on guidance I can get. I am reading everything that comes across my path.

3 Likes

@hoppiefrog, are you going to make your own earthworm castings? I have some worm bins going and it is very efficient. It would save you quite a bit on castings.

3 Likes

Ya actually I do !! I’m going w the double rubbermaid bin tec till I can afford a proper bin set up

2 Likes

Are u on i.g? Happy to do video chat convos!! Way faster and u get to know the person ur helping way better :grin:

2 Likes

Nice. The expensive bins are nice, but the truth is the diy bins work just as well. They will eat what you put in there and crap out the black gold. They also multiply like crazy so you will have a multitude very quickly. Happy Vermicomposting and Happy Growing.

5 Likes

Thanks man it’s going to be interesting for sure, love to learn new things!

2 Likes

empty and sterilized, ready for new lights and plants

18 Likes

Idk why that didn’t post in order lol but u can see how the room is laid out minus fan placement

3 Likes

When you say sterilize, you mean really sterilized? Whats the cleaner you use? I am going to be sterilizing my room in a month.

2 Likes

Starsan to wipe things down and mop and preferably prokure g for equipment. I had to use sulphur for time sake, so I overkilled it to be safe

4 Likes

what made you actually decide to take this leap. what medium are you use to growing on? i don hydro, but find living soils pretty cool.

1 Like

Costs of running a bio fert program drove me to run living soil. I previously used pro mix

4 Likes

gosh… there are so many things i like about living soils… but so many things i like about straight hydro… i feel its natural for any grower who really loves plants, to want to head toward living soils. to be honest I want to try it in a greenhouse typa deal. and getting it right… before bringing it indoor. but the growth on hydroponics is hard to deviate from… so many things i want to do… so little money :dollar:

3 Likes

I have a friend that is pulling 1.5 lb a 315 cmh. That’s good numbers for even hydro but much friendlier buzz and smoking experience I have found. I’m hoping I can pull similar numbers on my first run. Do you have your soil tested to re amend?

3 Likes

Can’t wait, my soil mix and rest of my supplies show up tomorrow!! Just need some more fabric pots and I’m ready to plant!!:muscle:

3 Likes

I use rockwool cubes and slabs. to be honest, ive never stopped to think about getting rockwool tested… dont they even do that… it would be cool to know whats going on in there.

Lol I said “soil test” it’s pretty common to test living soil between crops to amend the soil correctly

2 Likes