How am I doing?

Just back your fan off a ways from the plant so that it gets a breeze but doesn’t blow it over or sway it too hard, put it on rotate so it blows across it then off it then back on it. I use a 8" oscillating fan about 3 feet away from the time they come up. Photons are light, you can’t blow light away with a fan. I grow my small plants at about 65-68 degrees the cooler temps make em short and stocky.

2 Likes

Thanks bud. Good advice.I will do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh shoot.I did not sterilize the compost .Can you help me out there and tell me how to do so? I dont want to poison the plant but I don’t want bugs in the house :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect,thank you good sir :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well it’s too late for the compost you already have in the pot with the plant in there. And sterilizing compost is one stinky affair lol…the easiest way is in an oven at 250 degrees for about a half hour in a layer so it all gets heated up. But ONLY if the oven is OUTSIDE lol. An outdoor method is to put your compost in a thin layer on black plastic then cover with clear plastic and seal the edges and lay it in the sun all day on a hot day. I don’t recommend a chemical method but there may be one that is safe and effective without bad chemical residue. Anyone???.

2 Likes

Just get a bag of inexpensive potting mix next time and use Earth dust. There are only 3 feedings with it instead of mixing stuff every week.

FINALLY the rain stopped. I had to get a ride in.

A bag of Miracle Gro potting mix is perfect. Just mix in the Earth Dust (No, I haven’t tried it, yet, but I understand the chemistry of it and it sounds exactly like the perfect solution to me, and my next grow will use it for sure.) and let the bugga have all the mols it can handle. Shoot light from top AND bottom so you get more surface area of the plant to generate more THC and other goodies. I plan on upgrading and putting my blurples on the bottom corners aimed up and towards the middle of the tent. All you have to do is water, train, prune and drool.

1 Like

Make sure let it dry out to get roots going

Can you explain that to me Austin ? I have not heard anything about drying out, :slight_smile:

i dont think miracle NO is cannabis friendly. i used it myself and had bad results. any mix that says it fertilizes for X months may not be the way to go. if you have to buy soil just google cannabis friendly soil for a list. this is just my opinion based on my results. i am sure others may say different.

3 Likes

That’s a good point. I’ve been watching the videos for Earth Dust and he recommends soil of 0-0-0, or as close as possible. Wash it over with neet oil to make sure no critter eggs are hitching before planting.
Watch the vids on the site. The guy is smart, you can see he knows his subject.

1 Like

Having heard a lot of different comments and especially the comments on my compost,I was wondering if I should re pot with soil and add compost to the soil.Now that the plant has made it through the first two weeks I am sure it will be strong enough to take a re pot but that thin stem is a worry.I want to move the plant to a more friendly environment,It is in a large cupboard in my bedroom at the minute but I have a good roomy area in my kitchen near a radiator that will produce more heat for it and I can hang my light there. Any advice on re potting it and moving it? I know it is a difficult transition for any plant but I think it may be necessary to put it in actual soil.

1 Like

Can you share some pix with us? It’s much easier to diagnose if we can see it.
But the fan on all the time the light is on will strengthen the stem. Give it time. Like all natural things, it’s a process.

Also, here is a link to the process with earth Dust.

I’m sure there might be comments.

1 Like

I dug out some soil from the garden.sieved it.Added the compost and mixed it in…Put it in new pots…added miracle grow to the mixture and letting it soak in.Thats it all ready for re potting now so its a case of …If I do it and it works that is great but if it fails.I will start again and use a new method as instructed by most on here.I will let you know when I decide to re pot and how I get on.I will add pics most days to keep you informed.Also I have moved the plant to a more conducive area for growing,Warm…roomy and airy with a hint of moisture in the air.The kitchen. I can leave the window open in there for a while and the plant is close to the radiator which is on constant and the area is cordoned ff with a hanging blanket o keep the heat in somewhat. I hope this area works better for the plant but as I say,I will let you know:) :slight_smile: fingers crossed.
PS thanks for all your input everyone.It is really appreciated .

4 Likes

Here is an update on what I have done and how the plant is.In the pics…the plant is roughly one and a half feet below the lights. one foot away from the radiator.the small cabinet is holding the lights in position.I will string both end so I can move it up as I go along.The plant appears to have had a small spurt (you tell me if I am wrong) the water spray has a mixture of water I let stand for a week and Aqua Vega.Is a big ass fan for a small plant but all I have and I direct it away from the plant itself. There is another plant at the back but that has taken although it has not grown any in the two weeks so I am discounting that for now but I will leave it under the lights as long as my main plant is there,You never know…I may end up with a pumpkin by the looks of that one :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I have been over watering .I am going to back off and not water for a couple of days.See if that helps any,Im sure the plant should be bigger and its easy to think that the reason is underfeeding.I think I made that mistake and I have time to rectify that by not watering for the next two days and see how they go… Anyone care to comment on that ? Am I doing the right thing?

2 Likes

Get a silica and add some silica. That will help toughen up the stalks to support bud weight also. U can leave a fan going all times just dont have it directly on one spot ull cause wind burn. Low or medium speed and rotate. Welcome to the forum and good lick looking nice so far. U might wanna see about getting a good light for flowering. Flourescents are good for veg not so much flower

3 Likes

When u wayer it give it a good soak and leave it for a few days let it dry out then water again and leave for a cpl few days. Try and water around the outside egde of cup to get the roots to stretch out for the moisture try not to water it right up by the stem

3 Likes

Really appreciate all the advice Im getting bud and thank you.Thing is,Im on a low income and affording the right equipment is really difficult right now since I lost my job due to this fkn corona shitty virus.I would love to have all the correct lights etc but for now I only have the fluorescent and Ill need to use that during flowering as well but if anyone has any advice on how I can around that problem cheaply I would appreciate it.I know I shouldn’t start a project like this without all the right equipment but this is kinda like an experiment for me until I get it right,get all my advice sunk in and then Ill get the correct lights etc and food and so on :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like good advice to me,Thank you bud :slight_smile:

2 Likes