How big of clone is too big? Let's find out

Just out of ceriousity and plant getting too tall I want to see how big is too big for cloning. Say you want to clone and don’t want to wait for them to get bigger to flip. My idea is cloning and once I have roots start LST for 2 weeks then flip. The tallest clone is 20" with 12 nodes out of my clone machine. I’ll give them a spritz twice a day and have a heating pad under it on low for 15 mins on 30 mins off.

3 Likes

This is the biggest I’ve done. You won’t know till you try :grin:

Packee

8 Likes

Oh shot I forgot to post a pic lol do they take longer to root?

7 Likes

I did a huge one… it rooted but died in soil… not sure why… but will try again…lol…

4 Likes

my answer is yes… as per the one I talked about above…

5 Likes

Alright I’ll keep this updated and see what length starts showing roots when

4 Likes

That monster I believe was maybe a wk behind the other smaller ones in my diy aero cloner

Packee

4 Likes

Just checked the dates in the pics to confirm

Clone was cut may 30. Rooted pic was June 18

Cheers

Packee

4 Likes

Not too bad. Some time for the smaller ones to develope and transplant lol mine is in a diy cloned as well. Got some new misters and wanted to try them out lol

3 Likes

Been sitting here chilling stairing at my grow and smoking. This has been in flower for 3 weeks so I decided to go ahead and try to clone it and “monster crop” it. I’ve been cerious about that too.

2 Likes

Monster crop happens after a complete flower cycle. Then back to veg. Too early for monster

1 Like

And wow do u loose time haha only useful if u need to save a strain u don’t have clones of imo

2 Likes

Yeah most people don’t do it. I’ve done it a few times. Really long waste of time

4 Likes

I’ve mainly wanted to experiment with this one. I think I was also really baked last night lol

1 Like

Still breathing!

5 Likes

Probably dried out. I have had this problem with 8 clones. They have to be super moist for a couple days before they make it past transplant shock.

3 Likes

Nearly 100% humidity for sure

4 Likes

I like a small clone its bushier.

Here are some of mine

7 Likes

I would definitely agree. Fortunately I haven’t spritzed these like I said but haven’t dried out. The humidity has been in the 50-60 range lol as a novice grower I need to get this experiment phase out of my system and figure out what I like best to get my skills tuned in. I’ll know better what to do and when to do it.

4 Likes

Not in my experience. Once into flower you will have to revert to veg, complete with the twisted little single blade leaves and an almost stupid amount of branching.

3 Likes