How do you prep your smoke?

I smoke a lot and I’m kinda lazy, so usually I use a grinder. If it’s going in glass it’s fairly coarse. Cone - fine, for packing ease. But I have noticed a coarser grind or breaking up by hand seems to give better flavor. What’s your preference and why?

Please excuse the typo. I missed the edit time limit.

How do you prep your smoke?
  • Coarse grind
  • Fine find
  • Broken up by hand

0 voters

3 Likes

I like coarse, seems having a little more air space “softens” up the smoke. I usually smoke out of glass and a fine grind just burns too much to waste imo…coarse allows me to hit and pack down to snuff out quicker to conserve. For rolling I second your thought, fine grind so it packs better and you get a nice even burn :fire:

4 Likes

Fine, the santa cruz shredder lives up to its name no doubt about it. Catches all the kief also.

3 Likes

That’s why I like grinding in general (kief collecting)…yeah that kief means the herb you actually pack lost some potency, but that allows me to pack heavy kief on when my insomnia is in full force and I need more sedation (I don’t drink anymore and no pills, so this is my only med to help).

5 Likes

Ona smoke hiatus so im only drinking 🥲. Also i guess this question depends on what you smoke out of. I enjoy papers more than blunts and glass, I feel like it’s essential to grind it up fine for joints. On the other hand blunts and glass just pick up a nug and make those fingers cramp.

4 Likes

I usually use a pair of scissors

5 Likes

10 Likes

Its all the above. Needed prep determined by herb state.

4 Likes

Can I get that on a t-shirt? lol!

But seriously, I totally relate to this comment.

I use a grinder, but I don’t like it ground too fine, so I intentionally do a bad job so it’s still coarse.

6 Likes

:joy: I’d spend an hour and a half a day just breaking it up if I always did it by hand. Lol

7 Likes

i agree. but I don’t get much done afterwards because I won’t stop smelling my fingers. don’t judge me.

6 Likes

Cool topic, I generally smoke coarse in joints, drop it on my rolling tray before it hits the second chamber and then mix with a little tobacco and the roll. Smokes proper.

5 Likes

I use a 2 piece Mendo Mulcher grinder that gives me medium/course grind and it works perfectly for my needs. I had a 4 piece but I want my Kief so that one is going to stay in storage. Great topic :wink:

4 Likes

@OlyBoy ROFL! Omg that was fucking hilarious. I can totally see it :rofl:

2 Likes

I usually use a course grind or break it up or by hand it depends on what the bud looks like. A very dense bud is going to crumble and ur going to get a lot of fine smoke which is best smoked in glass. I prefer to some joints and I enjoy the taste of fine bud. Bring it on my friends

3 Likes

With a lighter! Lol

3 Likes