How do you Properly store seeds for future crops

Hi guys just a few questions, firstly what’s the best way to store seeds???
Secondly I had a plant which was cloned from a female and was doing ok until the aphids got to it and sucked the life out of it and thanks to hoppyfrog suggesting give it neem cake it came back to life :+1: but the funny thing is though when I harvested the other day I found it had produced seeds now big question is will they be feminized seeds because it came from a female plant originally or will they be mixed and unknown?? Thoughts people???

1 Like

Personally I store my seeds in little plastic airtight containers in a dark cool place. I find it works nicely and still have viable seeds after storage like this. I think alot of people also store their seeds in fridges for longevity of seed and keeping them fresh. Where did they male pollen come from?

I think in the last couple of weeks of flower just at start of flush I think I got 21 seeds all up of the lady when I harvested

Keep them labelled and try and grow them out. Why not.

Do you think they will be be feminized

I was told the strain was bubba Kush the leaves went purple in last say 3weeks of flower

And to answer your question about male pollen I really have no idea where it came from mystery

2 Likes

I store mine in an opaque container with silica gel packs, not in contact with the seeds

2 Likes

COuld never tell if they are feminized or not until you grow them out.

1 Like

I believe that I heard or read somewhere, that there was some kinda testing facility that you could send them to and have them tested. Probably not cheap

1 Like

Not sure if I :100: believe it but I read this before

1 Like

If your plant hermaphrodites it can produce seeds. They say that hermaphrodited plants produce mostly feminized seeds

Fridge in a container with 2 desiccant packets

It depends on how long you want to store them and if you will be opening what they are stored in frequently…place them in an airtight container, pelican micro cases work great. Then put them in the vegetable drawer of your fridge if you will be opening the case frequently or the freezer if they will be stored for years untouched. Seeds can last longer in the freezer, but if they are taken out and put back into the freezer often the constant thawing and re-freezing will damage the shell and embryo.

To answer your second question if there were no males in the room then yes your seeds will be feminized. You probably hermed one from the stress of the aphids/eradicating them. When a female drops pollen the resulting seeds will be feminized.

1 Like