How long before root ball in same pots?

So I have my girls in some 3.2 quart pots witch is a little under almost a gallon pot. and my girls have been in there for 2 weeks now. My girls are about a month old!! I was just curious on how long they can last in these pots before they get root ball:( my goal is to have them in these pots untell May 10th witch is still about 20 days away… how long do you guys think they can stay in these befor I need to transplant? May 10th they go into the 5 gallon finish pots.

2 Likes

Your question is not clear concerning your time frame! You’re talking about March and we’re already April 21… :crazy_face:

But from the looks of it, you should be good to go with your plan. Your girls will slowly fill those pots with roots :nerd_face:

1 Like

Lol I fixed it I mean May 10th :joy::joy::joy: good catch man my bad. But yeah they have been in there for 2 weeks already and I was thinking another 19 days in those same pots might be too much.

1 Like

At first, they should widen up a bit while the roots fills the pots. When they‘ll have a bit less room, they should push for heights… So I think you’ll be good to go. :nerd_face:

But let’s ask someone with real experience, what do you think @hoppiefrog?

2 Likes

You will be fine… I like to get them a little root bound before sending them outdoors… then dust the transplant with Mychorraize or kelp meal and what them blast off…

5 Likes

Yeah a couple of my girls pots where about 87 % full of soil, and I kept seeing some white stuff piping up out of the ground and was wondering what it was… then I realized it was roots. So I filled the pots up to the top with soil. You think they will still be ok as @kapouic was saying that they reach for heights when they have less room. I used some DYNOMYCO mycorrhiza when I transplanted into these current pots also. Seems to be really working good !

4 Likes

I have had 1/2" roots doing that… don’t panic… it truly is a weed… so many growers over think growing…complete a simple grow and expand from there…it’s like chess easy to learn and difficult to master…

5 Likes