How long does everybody run UVB?

I just checked the box, it’s 24 watt not 28.
2ft above canopy was as high as I could get
on this grow,(let’em get too tall),&it burnt all the fan leaves off in 1wk at 30 mins on each night.
Actually I 've never been in the room with the light on, many warnings on box not to do so.

1 Like

when you read the info from the box that is giving you the maximum output from the wall wattage which would be in your case 24 watts.
when im talking about three watts of UVB shane from MIGRO uses these specialized meters that read the output of the color spectrum itself and then its easy mathmatics to determine the actual amount or percentage from there.
have you anyone watched the videos or channels that i have been posting?

this video compares the best grow lights

this video demonstrates if UV is needed in a garden

this video is about the actual spectrums OF UVA UVB and UVC and shows that even the most expensive UVB LED DOEN NOT add a fraction of what UV is needed for a room and that UV LEDS ARE A SCAM
please guys watch these videos and look into his channel you will learn so much and step up the game for real between Shane from the MIGRO youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSZwj4zGhH1yklVFxS54qdA
and Dr. Bruce Bugbee from apogee instruments and his you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEWXIVOAsik3CRTsJLBzzw

@xgx13xgx I watched a couple of the videos.
Had seen some before. TMI I 'm just a simpleton, everyone sees things from their own eyes.
My (ol fart) view: I have limited grow area. So if I can get more potent product, use less to achieve desired results, then I make it last
longer. And B it costs almost nothing to run.
Btw were you thinking that my light was LED
it’s not. I know I,m forgetting something as I am
U.I. atm

1 Like

No I am sry I was not.meaning u had led uv or led at all but alot of people see uv on these led boards and think oh yea I got it.but really it.is a sales gimmick so I apologize for that. And dude u r not a simpleton I am in the same boat as u with a small.space (4x4) and I make what I have last which is y I say about the correct info cause I’ve been messing up and adding to much uv which is y my leaves have started to burn again because I didnt account for the extra wattage of uv

1 Like

@xgx13xgx it’s all good , we’re all learning together…

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread. I got my hands on a UVA enhancement puck and really don’t know what schedule to put it on. I’m almost to three weeks left until harvest and RapidLED recommends using it during the last two weeks, though others here have said they run it for the last thirty days. Thoughts? Also, how high above my canopy?

1 Like

Dude u can run that light all thru flower and veg UVA has no impact on anything it is UVB that u need to watch out for and tine correctly

1 Like

OK, thanks. So running it at the same height and schedule as the main lights is fine? Nothing else to consider or watch out for?

1 Like

Nope not with uva the main thing uva will do if anything is help keep plants shorter because uva is far blue on the spectrum

1 Like