How much air do my roots really need!

is co2 good for roots? should i add a airstone inside my rockwool cube? lol. just random thoughts I haven’t researched on! :joy: if you’re roots need the most amount of air possible at all times, then shouldn’t the proper way to water the roots should be a root mister! hahaha

1 Like

As much air as you can to the roots… in DWC etc… and reservoirs… not sure how you are using your rock wool… and CO2 into water… I want to say no if this is what you meant… CO2 up a smoke stack and into the rain can make acid rain which one form is carbonic acid… not saying you can’t I would just say research more…

1 Like

aeroponics…

1 Like

that would seem to be the most precise way of feeding your plants,

@Packee has an ebb and flow and an aeroponics table… the aero hopefully is running soon…and awesome for cloning too…

2 Likes

Airoponic growing is the most robust hydro grow style for cannabis @ultrapuff. Lots of O2 to your roots is great and you can’t have too much. Now c02 is bad for your roots! In hydro it can drop your ph and throw things off in your rootzone. It can’t be beneficial for soil rootzone either.

3 Likes

so i have a rockwool cube ontop of a rockwool slab… have you guys ever seen anyone inject a airtube to the center of the medium…? maybe pop on for 5 minutes every hour…! making sure theres enough time for run off before lt comes on…? bad or good ideia?

I run an air dome from auto pot in anything 1gal or bigger I haven’t gotten more yet but I love them

1 Like