How screwed am i

Growing auto’s, all in flower now . Lights came on for about one hour, then 3 transformers blew in my neighborhood. Now i have no power until God knows when? Just another day in my very messed up life :sleepy:

11 Likes

I guess this was my surprise Birthday present.

9 Likes

Hopefully it won’t hurt them and hopefully you get power back on quick!

8 Likes

Supposedly the power will be back on within 2 1/2 hours after it went out. I guess what I really wanted to know is how sensitive are auto’s to the light schedule?

6 Likes

I’m not sure but it might stunt them. If they weren’t already in flower it would cause them to flower in most cases, because the plant would think the days are getting shorter.

8 Likes

Don’t hit the panic button! Has happened to me plenty of times with my autoflowers and they don’t skip a beat (assuming solid genetics). Had multiple days with rolling power safety shutoffs…after a few days I got a battery powered worklight and fairy lights to keep the tent lit during outages. Only PITA was not being able to control humidty and fans…which of course prompted me to buy a battery powered baby stroller fan so it runs a few hours in the event of an outage.

9 Likes

Thanks for that . Im praying for best. Have i said how much I love this place today. Everyone here feels like a second family to me

9 Likes

Fingers crossed for ya :+1: just looked it up, SkyGenius Battery Operated Stroller Fan on the maZon…clips onto tent poles perfectly and grips tight. Bought two when I first started and on their fourth grow as backup (and the wife and I use em during summer as personal couch fans).

8 Likes

And sorry for the poor manners, happy birthday GN growmie!

8 Likes

They are all in flower now but different stages of it. Just praying they get the power back on soon.
Thanks for helping keeping me calm.

8 Likes

It was yesterday but thank you. Im 51 years stupid now lol

9 Likes

I forgot to wish you a happy birthday earlier! Just remember that cannabis plants have survived outdoors in all kinds of different and crappy conditions for centuries!

9 Likes

Autos are inherently tough and they have a schedule to keep and shit to do. When I have had a power outage in the past I just pretended it didn’t happen and the plants did fine. I did have one of them produce a couple of seeds but that was the only unusual event from that grow with a 24hr outage. I opened the tent door during the day so that it wasn’t completely dark and zipped it when it was time for bed.
COURAGE @greyalien44 !!!
funny cat

10 Likes

Autos seem impervious to photoperiod concerns, at least the strains I have grown. I’m constantly moving mine around into all different light conditions inside and out of the house. They don’t care.

11 Likes

It didn’t happen!

10 Likes

I have growed autos a few times and a few how’s with no power won’t hurt nothing unless it gets to cold.

7 Likes

Hey Boo… welcome!

5 Likes