How to smoke without getting a huge tolerance?

Hello all!

So I have a question for you as a community: how do you smoke weed/take edibles daily without getting a massive tolerance? I use cannabis to help with chronic pain so I’ve been doing it daily. I started off doing exclusively edibles because I don’t seem to get as high when I smoke… maybe I’m smoking wrong? All I know is it takes like 250mg minimum of edibles for me to even feel a slight buzz and sometimes I don’t even feel high when I smoke. I can’t afford to keep spending as much as I am on cannabis monthly to stay high. How do you guys get high daily without getting a massive tolerance? Is it even possible? I have heard of tea breaks but last time I did one it didn’t drop my tolerance by much and I was miserable the whole time. Just wondering if there are strategies you employ or tips for how to smoke without getting a tolerance. Thanks for any advice or tips or tricks you may have to offer!!

3 Likes

I like to switch strains weekly. Works for me

8 Likes

Up to 20 varieties of strains will help, but also a quick detox of 3 or more days inbetween helps me. Sorry I should not be answering as I dont count my intake or worry too much about my tolerance. Edibles high is totally different to smoking high. I cant really compare the two, but like a combination of both. For me, lots of drinking water, variety of strains, edibles works. Something you might be interested in, which I am reading right ( trying to make sense ) now:

Human Metabolism of THC

Cannabis dosage blueprint below.

cannabis-dosage-blueprint(3).pdf (3.1 MB)

6 Likes

These cats shot up thc!!!

1 Like

@Slym3r,what ya mean? You think they are increasing the dosages, bioavailabilty?

1 Like

Interesting read. Maybe good for newbies. We all know eating gets you stupid baked. If the edibles are good. They say you can’t od on weed. Shit. Eat enough edibles. You’ll wish you wouldn’t. Lol

2 Likes

They used thc intravenously!

1 Like

I have went to far many times with edibles and concentrates. I have a crazy high tolerance.

2 Likes

I bet you have some " that’s too much" times lol.

2 Likes

Go into a state of WTF just hit me and sleep is my usual reaction. Edibles and tinctures I prefer to take in moderation, but enjoy alot when i need to relax. My girlfriend has a very strong tolerance for edibles and smoking, probably say more than me, and she is about half my size.

3 Likes

Same her happy

1 Like

Man, I had too much the first time I did edibles. I thought I was going to die. :joy: thank god I learned. Lolz

2 Likes

Okay so I’m getting the feeling I need to stop doing as many edibles if I want to get a decent high from flower? Because my tolerance is insane. @chrisj how often do you take your 3 day smoke breaks?

2 Likes

Only smoke one toke three times a day and it will eventually be enough specially if you take a break once a week .

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: As little as possible and I dont remember. Sometimes my body just needs a break and I take it. I try and do a detox in February ( shortest month ) some years, but not always. It really depends, if I have been busy writing ( work ), having late nights, I often get “hazy” and cloudy, then I know its time.

3 Likes

What??? How the hell??? I didn’t think that was even possible…and have me ever heard of it before, n I’ve been smoking over 35 years!!!

1 Like

Great topic @katmwall. I noticed the same thing as you when I ate edibles from dispensaries. I don’t even waste my $$ on them anymore. But I do love taking rso. I feel it every time I take it, and it’s a nice 6 hr buzz. Multiple strains is the way to go, and like I read above I only smoke a few times a day. Just 1 huge bong hit gets me ripped every time. I haven’t taken a break in over 4 years, I need to medicate daily.

3 Likes

@Tygrow78 So I should only take like one hit of my bong per smoke session? And only 3 smoke sessions a day tops? And stop the edibles, and my tolerance should go down? Sorry with all the questions. Lolz. I’m a little high right now so I need some clarification :joy:

1 Like

You could give it a try @katmwall. Everybody’s endocannabinoid system is a little different and responds differently so there’s no guarantees. :v:

2 Likes