How to wash Coco?

Alright everyone hope you’re all doing well and if not hope you’ve got plenty of weed to get ye through the bad patch :laughing:

So I’m about to repot and I’m using Coco but have been told you should “wash” :soap: :sponge: :seedling: the coco but have absolutely no idea what the hell that means so how do I do it?

1 Like

Www.cocoaforcannabis

Super easy directions to follow here.

2 Likes

Thanks mate

1 Like

I thought it would show up as a link, so I apologize. I will say I have not done this myself, I am switching to cocoa myself this grow but bought pre washed and buffered cocoa just to make it easy.

2 Likes

Ok thanks mate. Why you changing and from what?

1 Like

Your goal is to rinse any bad stuff out of the coco and give a head start the “blank slate” you just made.

Because of where and how it’s made coco can get ocean salt, bird poop and other stuff into it before being packaged. Watering your containers once or twice until they runoff will do it. Water using the nutrients you plan to grow with to pre-charge the coco with extra Calcium.

If you’re using a nutrient line that’s got a recipe for coco you should have a smooth crop!

4 Likes

Yeah I’m using Canna A and B plus some PK and not Calmag both Canna products as well.

2 Likes

Are you starting from a brick of coco?

2 Likes

No. I’ve bought bags it maybe coco mixed wit soil aswell.

2 Likes

If it’s not in a brick then I think it’s washed and buffered already. Got a picture of the coco package?

3 Likes

I’m going from soil to cocoa, but really for no other reason than I know a couple people that grow in cocoa, and like it. So I thought I would give it a try. I want to work into living soil ultimately.

As @devjyarn said, it’s a blank slate for your nutrients. Look forward to seeing the grow progress. Post pictures.

2 Likes

Thanks fella have a nice day

1 Like

Nice one I’ll post picture later.

2 Likes

Here’s what I’m using Bio Bizz. It seems quite damp.

2 Likes

No need to wash or buffer that, they did the hard part for you.

2 Likes

Thanks fella

2 Likes

Go coco! I love coco.

3 Likes

Iv had bad experiences with it idk why it jus didn’t work out for me I always got bacteria when I used it

2 Likes

Why?

What’s your reasons for loving it do you prefer it other all other mediums?

1 Like

You can feed more frequent. More feed, more trikes.

2 Likes