I am going on vacation in August in Alaska, visit my son

If you know a grower or are a grower in Alaska I would love a tour of your operation.
I am not competition. I am just an old fart horticulturalist.

5 Likes

@garymorgan might be able to give you a tour!

2 Likes

We also have all the Alaska folks linked from the Alaska badge page, if you want to reach out to anyone in specific:
https://forum.growersnetwork.org/badges/126/alaska

2 Likes

Nic, how do I target a message to Alaska growers. I am going to be in Anchorage, Telketna and Palmer areas. I know I will not make it down south in the state. I don’t travel well anymore.

1 Like

You’d have to private message them directly. We don’t have geographical categories on here (yet) but anyone who is in Alaska will see this topic and can chime in if they’d be interested in having you visit. We did tag @garymorgan as he’s one of the power users who posts a lot and I’m sure he’d be happy to show off his new grow.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to give you a tour of my facility, but I’m located in SE Alaska (Petersburg). It sounds like you’ll be in the Anchorage area, and far from my business. I would look online at the licensed grower list;
Here’s the link. https://www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/portals/9/pub/MCB/OtherResources/MJinitiatedapplist.pdf

You can click on each owners “Public Notice” link info to see their contact info. Hopefully someone will be willing to give you a tour.

1 Like

Thank you. I wish I could come down south but my body just will not take it anymore. If you are friendly with anyone in the Anchorage area, I would love to visit a growing operation.

From the voices in my head
Ethan Kayes

1 Like

One more thought, the most toxic compounds are not man made but natural with exception of one plutonium. Richard Finemand.

The lowest level of input gives the best results.

I had a good friend who was a nuts and bolts organic farmer in Missouri. Horses not a tractor kind of guy. After he managed to poison he entire family with a witches brew in his truck garden. I came and help him get his farm back in order. Understanding he must be organic and green. No power. Kerosene refrigerator and freezer. He paid me in old laying hens. Cleaned, cold water processed. Koshered to my specifications.

Have a good night and I will get back to you next week

From the voices in my head
Ethan Kayes

3 Likes

Most of the companies I’m in contact with are in SE Alaska and Fairbanks. You might try Danish Gardens in Anchorage… 907-250-9790. No promises, but I did contact them once about lighting, and the owner was very nice and helpful.

2 Likes

@ethan - if you do manage to visit any grow ops, take photos and post them here for us!

4 Likes