I have an idea for flushing

I had this as a dream really and am curious now

I use 3 gallon fab pots, what would happen if I used two 5 gallon buckets of water (no chlorine, or chloramine) and just dunked the 3 gallon in the 5 gallon and repeat with the other 5 gallon (I believe 9 gallon for a 3 gallon for a proper flush, I have a tad bit nute burn)

Very curious on this, bad shortcut or is it just a stupid idea?

3 Likes

Just thinking out loud here… but if you dunk them in water, would that push the salts and whatnot back up in the soil?

3 Likes

If you let it sit in water, there’s no flow through the soil. I’m sure some of it would leech out, but I don’t think this would be a satisfactory result. Having the plant sitting in water may result in death. There’s not oxygen available to the roots underwater.

5 Likes

Everyone is over thinking here… it was said to dunk… if you dunk it to level of the soil then let it drain and do this once in each bucket I feel you would achieve the results you want… then test the water from the first to the third and you should be able to come up with numbers to let you know how well it worked… I am in much bigger pots when I start my final 2 weeks… I just straight up water for the last of them…

7 Likes

Yes, you got it, thanks for the feedback and everyone else!

3 Likes

I had a dream like that, but it was using plastic tubing with pin holes in it and winding it around in the pot with the dirt. I would then feed through the top of the tube to ensure equal distribution

3 Likes

I have to say “pipers flush” works fucking awesome, with one arm I was done under 5 minutes.

I am going to flush this way for now on. I was going to video this but I didn’t feel like waiting for my grandson to get out of work.

5 Likes

Cool Name :sunglasses:
Lets see how it works out in the video :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Well then I think you will be famous here for your flushing technique…lol… adn it was how I thought above…

4 Likes

You should make a video anyway, I want to know

2 Likes

Not sure if I am going to make a video, it is illegal here, If I got caught, my wife would be deported (yes she is legal here).

I can’t chance that.

I will add that my plants are short, this would be harder (not impossible) with taller plants especially for one person.

3 Likes

Your safety is more important than a video!
At least we know it works now!

Thanks @piper!

2 Likes

If it does become legal here this year, I will, I am not young and not in good health.

3 Likes

I know a guy that does videos and is looking for video content… If you don’t mind I can get him to do a video for you with all credits of course to you… he reps everybody he talks about on his you tube channel…

2 Likes

That would be fantastic. I would really appreciate it, especially if it helps others. Thank You

2 Likes

And just an idea here : You could put it in the new grow guides section! We got to make those grow guides to help the community. I plan to make one this week-end if everything goes according to plan and I know next to nothing compared to you guys… But I am sure I could help somebody anyway, imagine what growers with your experience could show us noob…

Please teach us masters!!!

3 Likes

I am NOT a master, I am a noob, 15 years out of the game, just like a job, you start at the bottom.

My wife loves that .gif :wink:

3 Likes

The guy I am talking about actually introduced his channel here… it’s actually pretty awesome and he’s hilarious and Canadian to boot…lol…

3 Likes

We all have our little shining moments that can even teach a master…lol… it’s what makes growing the almighty herb so awesome…

4 Likes

@piper I have reached out to the guy and told him to look me up here… his you tube page is Photosyntech… if he does I will send him your way…

3 Likes