I need some help family

It’s just a feed chart of all nutrients and supplements, the amounts and when to use them. Just good for reference until your familiar with the products and what they are used for.

3 Likes

Opinions differ on that one. But, most of the newbies (like me) will go with the knuckle method. You plant your finger in the soil up to the first knuckle, if it’s dry : water. If wet : wait a bit. And when you water, try to water in a circle around the pot and not too close to the stem. That way, the roots will reach for the water.
Also, if you water too much, you risk drowning the roots. They can’t get their oxygen and they won’t develop as much…

At least, that’s how I understand watering. Correct me if i’m wrong people please! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Ok I understand now. Thank you.

4 Likes

Yeah I think I’ve been watering the plant wrong as well. I’ll change that up today. Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Just what @kapouic had said… that’s great advice on when to water. Nobody can tell you to water once/day or twice/day … only your plant will let you know, and the knuckle rule is just that.

5 Likes

I will keep just with the part ‘’ the plant will let you know ‘’ , the knuckle test is ok , but it doesnt telling you a lot , it depends from the pot material , root density , temperatures , medium ;

For example growing in plastic bags the top surface will always dry fast but deep inside the humidity is trapped , people usually overwater plants in plastic bags ; opposite from that , for plants in fabric pots with dense root system waiting for the top surface to get dry its not good idea ; sometimes people water without runoff with no enough water and the surface is always wet but the bottom part of the pot dry ; sometimes there is not enough wetting agent so people see the run off but the water is just going through the medium without wetting ( especially with reusing mediums ) ; And many different things …

There are few ways to understand how your plant is drinking :

• The time of transplanting is a perfect time to analyze the medium and roots what get dry first the bottom or top and how the roots looking , the structure of the roots are they more dense on the top or the bottom , do you overwater or underwater ;

• Using weight scale of course you will not use every watering for every plant , just as experiment to see what do you look for , the goal is to water when the plant will lose 50% of the water ;

-Using moisture meter deep in the pot will gave you idea ;

-Checking your medium ability to absorb water with the jar test ( You can see on youtube Pro Mix they have very nice videos )

4 Likes

Feeling way better now family! Thank you, I will send you an update next week. I think the tempature might of been an issue for me. Im trying to keep that under control. I will definitely send you an update next week. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Family,

Is this a sign of a male plant?

5 Likes

No… Female all the way

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Female! Pistils tells all!
Example of Male and Female Cannabis Pre-Flowers

A small comparison of cannabis sex parts

The female plants will soon produce pistils. Wispy white hairs are a sure sign that you’re looking at female pre-flowers.

Example of wispy white pistils (pre-flowers) on a female cannabis plant

6 Likes

5 Likes

Thank God!!!

4 Likes

Family!! I’m back. :joy::joy::joy: Is it normal to have these red tips on the bud. Not all of them have it. Can this be mold???

6 Likes

@Will12. Flowers are just starting to mature. :+1:
Perfectly normal. :wink::v:

7 Likes

When you start flowering, the plant doesnt need as much Nitrogen and requires more Mangesium and Phosphate. Like what some have commented, I agree with Nutrient deficiency, specifically flowering nutes.

4 Likes

Looks normal to me. They wont stay white.

4 Likes

Thank you family!! I was getting a-little worried. I’m super cautious with my plants. I’m new to it so any change has me going nuts!!! :joy::joy::joy: Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. Stay healthy out there family. Love.

7 Likes

Also if you have leaf contact on you white hairs it will discolor them normally when the air flow causes movement

6 Likes

Yeah careful with the pistils if you bump them they will go red. Do not touch them or spray anything on them.

4 Likes

/original/3X/a/6/a649461555fb0d34080635d8fe99b752ddba8934.MOV

Hello family!! I hope everyone is safe out there. I just wanted to give an update on my first harvest. Everything seems to be running smoothly thank to everyone’s help. I have about 2 weeks left and i will start to chop everything down. I do see some of my leafs are turning purple not all of them though. Is there something Ima suppose to be doing to make them purple or to stop?

9 Likes