I need someone to answer this for me

I need someone with experience in this to answer this question for me. From seed to where they’re at now they’ve been under 24 hours of light and I’m wanting to put them outside will the less hours of light shock them or trigger them into doing anything. Or should I slowly give them less and less light till I’m at like 16/8

4 Likes

@dantheman. Welcome to GN.
You don’t say wether they are autos or photos.
And how long since germ ?
All plants need a rest period.
Essential processes take place during the dark.
After the first 2 weeks from germ an 18/6 light cycle will promote good vigorous growth.
Cutting back on the lights on time will help them adjust better to the great outdoors. :wink:
If you match your lights on time to your local daylight times then things should go fairly smooth through transition.
Good luck and happy growing.
:+1::v:

5 Likes

Ya like @oldguy says 24 hrs light is great for rooting and seedlings but after the true leaves appear it is best to reduce hrs to 20 hrs or less a day.roots grow much faster at night and plants do need a rest to stay vigorous…after 20 hrs of light the plant has reached the point of diminishing and no longer makes use of the energy spent.

5 Likes

OK sounds good thank you I’m going to start cutting the light back slowly to match outside.One other thing I started the seedlings under a small fluorescent they were doing wonderful, my friend talked me into buying an LED I put it 40 inches above the plants and it still shocked Them will they ever start growing vigorously again or will they always be like handicap

3 Likes

Some of them died I just pulled him and started other ones there and happy frog soil and I’m not giving him no nutrients yet

1 Like

It looks like the leaves are burned but the light is very far away and there’s no way the light is burning it I just think it’s a lot more powerful in the plants weren’t used to such a strong light

1 Like

Stay with your fluorescent for the first 2 weeks till they put some roots down.
Seedlings don’t require a whole lot of light.
After that use your led.
If you could put up a pic of the light it would help.
:v:

3 Likes

I had to fluorescent on for the first two or three weeks and then put that LED on them and it’s been a hell since they are ugly, blueberry, Bubba Kush, white OG, gelato OG all from seedsman feminized. Light is HLG 100 it’s the 3000

3 Likes

I had similar issues when I turned in too many lights thus crop it is taking a CPL weeks to get them back on track , they will adjust eventually. Tho my fix required more food due to co2 increase. But in happy frog Im not sure what the fix would be other than time to adjust.

3 Likes