I work for a regulated cannabis facility in Michigan... yes i hate it. Ask me anything

Thanks to Hap and ravenchief,
You want to start exactly the wayinstructions indicate…liter R/O or distilled water, 2gms kosher (uniodized) salt, and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
You will want to run a total of 3 cycles on the number 3 setting. after your first and second cycles add 1 more tablespoon of white vinegar to the mix. This will give you (You can check it) a final pH between 3.5 and 5.5…

Your finished product now has a concentration of over 400ppm hypochlorous acid. With the pH 3.5-5.5 you can store it in any colored (not clear) plastic jug and it will maintain its potency damn near indefinitly!

Half strength apllications on a preventative program once a week or so, and if you get into high bud rot conditions use full strength and SATURATE your buds…Botrytis loves to start in dense tissue situations

10 Likes

No, I’d love there to be a substitute without the negative effects seen with H2O2!

I didn’t even knew they did! Cool.

3 Likes

I am not an owner of the operation i am currently at. Honestly the airflow is fine and ventilation is optimal. Regardless of mold or rot or pm issues even being possible, the company still takes these precautions. Regardless of flowers losing flavor if you youknowwhat i mean. Unfortunately they are some quantity over quality type guys. This is recreational cannabis not medicinal. When they see plants they see dollar signs.

3 Likes

Isn’t that strange…Botrytis is also know as the Royal Mold. Vinyards cherish it when it infects the grapes, makes some kick ass wine, if you are into sweet white wines.

The Germans have three levels…Auslace, Berin Auslace, and Trocken Berin Auslace…on the sweetness level and then they get even more bucks when it’s Botrytis infected. Gotta tell ya you can’t drink much of it because it is so sweet, but if you ever get a chance try a good/good year German Trocken Berin Auslace Botrytis infected, the flavors are out of this world.

Marty

6 Likes

Good to know and i appreciate the info… i will probably not provide this information to the company however as it will not benefit me personally for the most part i have lost faith in the company ever promoting me or giving any raises (which really hurts right now because i am basically making what is kinda less than minimum wage) pretty sure mcdonalds pays better at this point. Its really depressing.

5 Likes

That is sad to hear. Maybe the experience your gaining will pay off in the end

4 Likes

That’s one of the problems here in Michigan, there are so many grow ops. And dispensaries that it’s a cut Throat business, everyone is out for the $$$ that’s the reason I’ve never looked into any of them. Don’t want to ruin the passion. Sad but true.

6 Likes

Yep there is so much weed out there now it doesn’t even come close to being a viable enterprise if you were trying to make money off it. I don’t sell, but I know a couple of guys that both work at a dispensary, and also grow at home and sell it. They are selling quarters for $25 bucks, and I have tried it, it is not bad at all. Good stuff. My friends bring over the beer and I have the smoke. Works out good, but not worth trying to make money off of it, and sure not worth going to jail over.

Marty

7 Likes

More unhappy stuff, if you buy from a dispensary in Cali

7 Likes

Plus or minus 10%? Really? That is pathetic. Considering that really good weed is usally in the 20% range for THC.

Marty

4 Likes

That’s an awesome link! Interesting site! I bookmarked that one. Got me reading about the trichrome thca production and how there using a genetically modified tequila gene to synthetically produce trichromes in never ending amounts.

5 Likes