If you could start fresh, what would your set up be?

Hey Guys!

Back story - Recently I’ve decided to double down on cannabis. I’ve always loved the plant, but I realized I never had the true understanding of the process. That being said, I’ve decided to turn my hobby to a career. Currently I am enrolled in a cannabis compliance class in hopes to turn my business experience from a different industry into the cannabis industry. - I’ve always wanted to be able to grow a strain worth smoking.

I’ve shot my shot at growing before, and managed to get a final product. However, that product was not anything worth writing home about. I used a 4x4 vivosun, a 110W Giixer, and no nutrients.

Now that I’m learning more, im looking into getting an entirely new set up. My eye is on the AC INFINITY ADVANCE GROW TENT SYSTEM 4X4, 4-PLANT KIT.

I guess my question is for the more experienced growers, what would you recommend if you could start fresh? is the AC infinity set up worth it? I would love to also know what nutrients are worth getting and what ones aren’t entirely necessary. My goal is dense, frosty, beautiful buds!

I appreciate any help and I’m very grateful to be a part of this community!

Legz

4 Likes

I am the wrong one to ask as I am an outside grower :slight_smile:

but let me first say Welcome

you have a tent now?

5 Likes

Hi @lbgilli, welcome to the fam.
My 2 cents: all a plant really needs to make nice buds is NPK, light, water, airflow. If you want to grow some decent buds in a 4x4, you’ll need at least 300W LED from a reputable manufacturer (dlc-certificated is best for your own good), so you can reach at least around 700ppfd. + 600W (1000ppfd) if you want to grow A-grade bud. Stay away from the Amazon China-made crap…

Concerning the nutrient brands: synthetic liquid minerals are synthetic liquid minerals… 1000 brands in a dozen… Look for a company like Athena, Canna, VPS, … established names with extensive experience in professional horticulture.

A lot of the products in many nutrient lines are FOMO stimulators, companies make you want to buy em because they make you think you need them to grow nice flowers which is utter BS.
That said, some things are beneficial, e.g., using mycorrhizae for an improved root system or a PK booster around week 4 of flower (as using a PK booster during the flowering stage helps to provide the plant with extra phosphorous and potassium, which in turn stimulates flower and fruit development, resulting in larger and more potent buds.)

For some nutrient companies it also feels like your paying more for the fancy pancy graphic artwork on the bottles than for the nutrients itself… It’s your money… you decide :wink:

K.I.S.S.

Happy growing
:v: :monkey:

7 Likes

Hello @lbgilli
Welcome to the party! I’m still green with 12 harvests from a small personal med grow. Though I am very much on the learning curve I would have sat my younger self down and said these 3 things:

1. Dial in the environment before you touch a seed Get it dialed in with basic Temp/Humidity/Air Flow monitoring and control and give it at least a few days.

2. The quality of your light matters Budget lights do work but for me the bulk of my money should have gone here from the beginning.

3. Air gets pulled through the tent I keep the inline fan on top and outside of the tent using a hole in the ceiling as the opening for the vent hose. Keep that tent free and clear of anything that doesn’t have a purpose.

It is a simple list but one that would have been helpful when I started. Cheers!

7 Likes

Taking notes! Thank you very much

5 Likes

Very informative. I will look into all these things. I appreciate it thank you!

5 Likes

Just a tent! Wish I could grow outside, one day

4 Likes

they work just like what they are budget lights :slight_smile:

buy once buy right :wink: also this a place where you can get robbed

this the place to do your research and put in the time learn understand whatever type of

lighting you wantt to use

lots of snake oil dealers in the lighting game

if OK to buy cheap lights knowing that is what you are buying but to buy cheap lights for big bucks

sucks being sold a bill of goods

or plant and kill a shit ton of bag seeds or free seeds or cheap seeds dialing it in

but plant seeds and grow you will learn

knowledge is power and in this case control is good

great list with great points and ask questions learn from our mistakes :wink:

but to your question

if you could start fresh, what would your set up be?

in a grow room away from my living space

5 Likes

Welcome to forum. I love my AC INFINITY CLOUDLAB TENT. Good luck with everything and looking forward to seeing you grow. @lbgilli

7 Likes

I have to agree with everyone so far , and I love my AC Infinity tent and the whole system it comes with …… biggest thing don’t be afraid to ask questions an you will be ok there is YEARS of combined experience, welcome to my favorite site!!

7 Likes

Centuries even.

6 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you!!

6 Likes