I'm a grower that was just sold plants from another grow, and now spidermites

@PreyBird1 can you recommend a fogger? @happilyretired thank you! I’m on that well! I am just trying to get the right fogger, if there is such thing, and at a good price. I am running on a tight budget, though I will do what ever it takes to eliminate this problem.

4 Likes

Ill shoot a pic of mine. Brb

2 Likes

They make a propane one if you dont have electricity

2 Likes

This is the one that I got when I got it it was about the only thing around because there was no Covid yet. Since Covid there’s all kinds of different ones out there now. I would recommend a backpack style or something like that. It would be much more comfortable in the long run. This thing works very good but I think there’s better ones out there.

!
Make sure you get one that is for a garden. The ones for spraying schools airplanes buses etc. will not put out the volume you’re going to need. This one here on Amazon that I’m showing you will do the job quite well.I would look around and see if you can find it cheaper on eBay or somewhere else. I would not buy a refurbished or used one. I tried getting a return one from Amazon originally and the thing look like it been through World War II.

3 Likes

Thank you @PreyBird1 ! I’m looking for them on Amazon, trying to find the best for the money, I like that, I definitely don’t need a cord, but if it’s alot cheaper, I will. I appreciate your time.

3 Likes

No worries. I use it for grasshoppers those fuckers are hard to kill. They give me a run for my money every year. And the aphids love my Brussels sprouts. Im not growing them again this year. I dont like killing the ants that farm those little bastards. To see an insect that can live 12yrs and take an intrest in farming of other insects fascinates me to no end!

4 Likes

I had a big red ant colony inside my perimeter last year and I kept Digging it up and they kept moving their entrance. One day after fogging I had about a pint and a half or so of Captain Jack’s dead bug mixture left over I poured it down there entrance the next morning they had dug their entrance out and then they all died on top of the pile of dirt. Eradicated the whole colony they’re gone.

2 Likes

Huh not my words lol

2 Likes

Only thing I would ever spray on flower would be em1

2 Likes

I misunderstood sorry. I’m going to have to look this em1 Up. I have no idea what that is.

3 Likes

They are still in veg, I didnt know there was anything you could spray I flower… its always something, just usually I am used to a much smaller grow, and try and prevent rather than control. Has anyone had the chance to grow outdoor in Oklahoma? I’m having a difficult time finding out how to deal with the morning dew once in flower. That worries me too. Thanks again everyone, I’ve learned alot from you and everyone else that took their time to help me!

1 Like

Air circulation would be the only thing I can think of to prevent the morning do other than covering them. Put fans on them. That’s all I can think of. I do both indoor and outdoor but I’m in California so I don’t really have a humidity problem. Outdoor the only problem I have is bugs.Well not the only problem but certainly the biggest.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea and worth a shot. I also am planting on the high point on the field, and going to keep them as far off the ground as possible. Hoping that might get them more breeze and help with moisture, luckily I have a good few months for researching and trying to find someone successful with growing in Oklahoma outdoors. I appreciate all your help buddy!

3 Likes

Have you thought of looking around your area to see if there’s any hemp farms? Real similar plant needs all the same stuff. I’ve been looking at buds before that look like they were bad ass and turned out this bad ass hemp. Just spitball in here. :thinking: seems like it might be worth a phone call anyways.

2 Likes

Thank you, and for sure. I’m actually hoping there aren’t any hemp farms near me, wont they pollinate the ladies? I’ve seen some pretty nice hemp buds myself, or cbd buds… we have 280 acres and have driven around daily looking for any wild hemp to eradicate, believing they will pollinate. Love the ideas buddy!

2 Likes

Labs on roids basically , use that $#!t on everything!! Lol

2 Likes

I looked it up and it looks great for plant Health but they don’t speak much about it actually being some thing that kills bugs. I use Captain Jack’s dead bug and Monterey BT went in flower. It doesn’t seem to have any affect on anything except the bugs that I’m targeting.

2 Likes

Do you use it on a regiment like once a week foliar spray?

2 Likes

I’ve got mite issues so I’m subscribing to the thread…

3 Likes

Sulfur foliar spray every 2 weeks,& make sure you don’t use any type of oils when applying Sulfur…No Neem,or Azamax,& if you do want to use oils,make sure you wait 2 weeks,after applying Sulfur.

DO NOT Foliar Spray Sulfur during Flower stage…
Why??? The Flower will most likely taste like Sulfur when you smoke it.No type of spraying when in flower.

Indoors:
No lights when foliar spraying…1 or 2 hours before lights on,and as lights turn off Foliar spray.Remember you have a 15 min window after lights off to get plant to absorb spray.

FOLIAR SPRAYING:

Outdoors:
Early Morning 1 or 2 hours before Sun comes in direct contact with plant leaves.Look at it as when Dew falls early morning,and plants are slightly wet.
Late afternoon when sun has gone down is good time to foliar spray also.

One more thing,make sure there are no fans circulating air in the grow room…If outdoor,don’t foliar spray when there is high wind…Hope this helps.

2 Likes