Im looking to trade for a light

Im looking for a 300 or 400w either a DE. or LED. must be working.

Im offering a nice bunch of seed packs.

1 Like

Damn, single-ended only here!

yeah really looking for LED. its the best stuff going really. DE and SE are things of the past. thanks fpr the response.

Yep, that’s why I have a few SE available.

1 Like

Yeah just trash em lol jk

1 Like

I would but I only do small-scale research so they are perfect. The ‘Lab’ has my new kitchen appliances waiting for me to finish plastering but I’ll be doing some morphogenetic field research studies later this year after I build a field generator. We should try something with your seeds.

1 Like

@Nate

Can you comment on recent sales trends of DE vs LED?

1 Like

It depends on the customer type. For commercial, DE is still the most commonly purchased lighting. Almost no one is buying SE anymore commercially. LED is definitely picking up, especially since states like MA started putting watts per sq. ft. regulations that favor energy efficient lighting. It’s looking like LED is gaining traction over the last two years commercially, but I’d still say it’s only about 10-20% of the commercial fixture purchases. CMH is probably another 10%. DE makes up the rest.

Hard to me to say for the hobbyist market. Don’t have my finger on the pulse as much.

2 Likes

It feels to me that the hobbyist market is more LED biased. Like 65% LED.

2 Likes

So a few things here. We have Hobbyists, Enthusists, Amatuers, Professionals right? Most Hobby guys are budget guys, Dont want to commit thousands of dollars on lighting. So they go to Amazon or where ever and spend say $300 on a LED that claims to be say 600w. The LED market is full of lets say not so honest advertising. That 600w is actually pulling like 150w. So when we take the measurement of WxM2= grams/per watt. Its terrible output and a waste of time.
Lets looks at a 1000w DE. The fixture is affordable. The wings are terrible always have been. Loads of wasted light. When your ballast fails, HOPEFULLY you are aware of it and catch it in time. Switching bulbs for every life stage. Aswell as every other grow gets old. The cost of a good LED (lets take the Gavita 1650 i use) two grand. It has zero maintinence, last 5-8 years. Is proven to out perform a overdriven 1200w DE. My cost is higher upfront then the DE. However i have zero issues associated with it. My heat is almost none. No noise, No issues.
I think in terms of long term. DEs and the like just arent worth it. When I think of DE users. I consider them Hobbyist lighting. Most if not all Commercial grows Ive been to are LED now. Its way more cost effective WAY more.
We have lights like Telos its a good light, but still not the same as a true LED. I guess persepective is what matters. If you grow. No matter what experience level, use what you like. For me the choice was super easy. The cost was hard to swallow at first, but the math says LED. do the math for ten years of DE , bulbs, ballasts, electricity, etc. I bet you LED comes out cheaper.
In the term hobbyost or Enthusiasts. Ive seen those dude turn out way better plants then most comercial growers. Why? because they arent cash cropping. They are enjoying themselves. Have you been around many master growers at work? These guys are super stressed and usually asshats. With complexs that they feel makes them better then everyone else on the floor. yet the product looks like crap.
Me persoanally, when i switched from HPS HID. It just made sense. which in turn made dollars. My product is sooo much better using LED vs HPS.
So really its up to the grower. Will a LED grow a plant, Yes but dont cheap out. You get what you pay for, same with genetics. Would you buy a Lambo with a VW engine?

2 Likes

this is still open. Had a guy male a offer. then he totally flaked on me. not even the decency to communicate with me. Anyways i have a nice offering of like $2000 worth of genetics. availble to trade. Im in desperate need of another light for my 3x3

1 Like