Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Independence LED Grow light Samples in exchange for Case Study

Given the range of cannabis strains, we are currently seeking the feedback from qualified growers on the performance of our LED Grow lights.

Since we at Independence LED have the ability to customize wavelengths with our American made technology, we are pleased to work with our engineering team to maximize your harvest yield.

Please let us know your level of interest regarding this initiative.

5 Likes

We can likely accommodate and facilitate your efforts here, @mschaaf. I just began a grow study for GrowFlux involving 4 of their new lights. If you’d like to speak to one of us here at GNET about commercial performance testing, we can definitely arrange a call to have that discussion.

Let us know your thoughts.

3 Likes

I would be happy to setup a call. I believe you have my email on file?

2 Likes

Hello…I’m Jon from American Cannabis Consulting. I’d like to know more about your lights and think I have an opportunity to help each other out for your case study. Let’s get on a call and exchange notes. Thanks and I look forward to learning more about your products. JW

5 Likes

Hello,
I’ve been around the grow scene for many years, started with outdoor and then early 80’s floros in small wooden boxes, late 80’s switched to HID (what a break through in indoor cultivation), couple years ago switched to 315 cmh’s, then last year my first led.
Am def impressed with led tech as far as growth rate and energy savings. Would be interested in trying your products and would give what ever feedback data needed to help with your study.
Let me know,
-ctg-

4 Likes

Hi there. i have openings in the lighting area. let me know of you want to set something up.

2 Likes

Can I as the grower tune the spectrum to my specifications during the grow?

Can you tune the lights to thin film spectopmrty of the verities I am growing?

And can you give me an accurate means to monitor light 24 hours a day in my grow?

From the voices in my head
Ethan

2 Likes

exactally. I have been begging for spectral control. Not a present from a manufacturer. I would like to be able to build the profile. Meaning how many watts, How long, How strong etc etc. Im always trying to be as close to natural as possible.

Always keep in mind. The more features added. The more chances for failure. From the manufacturers stand point its a friggin nightmare. Few bad situations, some bad press. Boom your out of business. I personally know a manufacturer. He is a good friend. I have asked for these things. He basically tells me. Yes they sound great. However each and every feature can fail. Thus making those features null and moot.
In some ways it makes sense. The PantherX im using now. Has no switchs, knobs, timers blah blah. Im sure this is the exact reason.

Now a days im just running with what is avail. And LED is the best way ive found. Love the work being done currently.

3 Likes

Tom,

Control will be key to the grower.

I want to match the spectrum to the cultivar, by stage of growth. This means some times I need lower output.

If I buy 10k of lights, what is my mean time to failure. How many spare lights would I need on hand as replacements.

I know how to control the electrical array between the line and load. But is this the best way for the new generation of lights?

From the voices in my head Ethan

2 Likes

With proper design, unit testing, modern automated testing and inspection, quality control procedures, ISO accredited manufacturers - all strategies we employ in manufacturing our products - features can be added without increasing the risk of failure. Not all manufacturers can pull off feature rich products while maintaining reliability.

4 Likes

Definitely Growflux is a leader in LED lighting. But, please do a thin film spectopmrty on cannabis and once and for all put to rest that your are the best light firm.

The first group who can tune lights to an exact spectrum of my choice will get an order for 10,000 lights. If we can also figure out VPD in practice and come up with a production design that works.

Ethan

2 Likes

Thin Film Chromatography (TLC), from what I understand, can be used to provide an ‘accurate enough’ measure of THC and CBD potency in the field; methods and reagents for individual cannabinoids and terpenes would have to be developed, and as far as I know kits only exist for THC and CBD. The advantage of TLC is that it can be done with an inexpensive kit rather than sophisticated lab instruments.

We use High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) for cannabinoid potency testing and Gas Chromatography (GC) for terpene analysis, which is far more sensitive to very low concentrations of minor compounds, and gets us results on a full range of a dozen or so cannabinoids and 30+ terpenes. @Growernick recently grew a few different cultivars with our lights; one strain shows nearly 4.5% total terpene content with our blue rich, broad spectrum Finishing Light Formula.

3 Likes

this was exactally what ove proposed a few times. a catalog of spectrums tumed towards each cultivar. this in theroy is pretty easy to accomplish. However building such a data base would take many years. Per each cultivar. To find the “Just right” spectrum. Im all for it, and would love to work on such a project. However ots going to take more then words.

1 Like

Eric,

Thin film is the old spinach test that every college botany student did at least once in school. You can separate the exact pigments present in the leaf. You can determine exactly what is absorbed and what is reflected.

If you take the extraction solution and put it in an old fashioned absorption spectrometer you can see the exact wave lengths of light being used in a plants leaves.

From a senior level Plant Physiology class we could see that plant absorbed differently at different life stages in our target plant, I used latherus oderatera for my samples a winter flowering verity that I eventually produced
commercially and very successfully. Neville, this was the class tied to analytical chemistry, that I kept failing.

The true advancement for growers is to tune the light to the cultivar to the stages in the grow.

The old spinach test is up on the site. It will cost you under $200 in materials and a grower will donate the Cannabis. It also makes one hell of a trade show display. One of the big Dutch HID light manufactures had it every year
at the Ohio short course, for years 1970’s into the late 1980’s. You can show what light is absorbed, what light is reflected and what light pass directly through the solution. You can even use a simple prism to show the spectra of the light reflected and
passed through. You can use simple old fashioned math to give approximate wave lengths of the light that is actually absorbed. Kind of cool.

This is how you will sell lights to growers. They are touchy-feely kind of group.

Leave growing great plants to the growers Just give us the tools we need to be great growers. LED lights that I can better manage light as a critical production resource.

THC and CBD are a function of just good plant growth. If the genetics are there I can get the secondary metabolites I want.

This mean I need healthy roots, this is where all the precursors for THC and CBD come from root hairs by dry weight. If no stressors are added to the grow. At flower instantiation all the precursor metabolites are moved to the new
flower tissues almost overnight. Remember what the plant is making THC and CBD for, they are just natural really good insecticides and ok fungicides.

The terpintines appear to be closely linked to the secondary pigmentations in the plants. This makes sense but more research needs to be done. The Apple and peach researchers have done the most research into pigmentations and flavor.
The grape growers have done some good work but are too caught up in sugar and brix calculations.

So give me the ability to grow a plant with the highest dry weight and I will give you the maximum potential for secondary plant compounds.

Ethan Kayes.

Ethan Kayes

2 Likes

I would be very interested.

Please forward me any details: [email protected]

3 Likes

Jon,

I want to follow along. Please :hugs::grimacing:. I will sign a standard NDA. I have a vary basic one. I will not sign an IBM style NDA again. I love IBM but to restrictive for further work not under there control. I continue with my IBM reading under there NDA about an 30 minutes a week. But, I get some computer time in exchange to use as I want. Can’t decide IBM or Microsoft could for a DB2 genetics. Easier to scale resources at Microsoft.

From the voices in my head.

Ask for the old spinach test before using the lights.

Ethan.

2 Likes