Introduce Yourself to Growers Network!

@Growernick hi bro i have a question about the topics in the forum, why i can´t participate in all the topics, some don´t let me reply for ask or answer, that topics are only for reading the discussions?? thanks for answer me

3 Likes

Hey there, @hvanegas89 ! Some of the topics on the forum are for our professional, private forum and you are in our public Grow From Home community. While you may be able to read some of the discussions happening there, we have limited interactions to members of the professional community. Does this make sense? Does it help answer your question?

If you would like to join the private and vetted forum, you would need to apply as an owner of a grow operation, with all the relevant information about your operation. This would help us vet your license and allow us to approve you to join. We’d love to see you on the professional side of the community!

3 Likes

ok ok now i understand, yeah that is the next step with the community, thanks

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

My name is Cole and I’m from Oklahoma. Been growing for around 10 years in both Hydro and Soil. I’ve used multiple different techniques and systems during my path to find what I wanted. I’ve also spent a lot of time in the aerospace and IT industries, gaining knowledge of automation and management.

I’m here to network and potentially secure a position with a local cultivator.

6 Likes

Hey Everyone! The name’s Brian and I’m really new to all this. I’ve always had a great interest in Cannabis but never had the opportunity to turn it into anything other than recreational use. I moved out of California right as medical was getting off the ground and relocated to Ohio. After 17 years here watching the boom from a distance I’m moving back to So Cal for family reasons. I’m leaving a 15 year carrier with the USPS as a carrier and since I can not take my career with me I’m really looking to get into the Cannabis industry. Really any aspect of the business I’m eager to learn, but my real interest lies in the growing and cultivation of the plant itself as well as the processing of it to it’s finished product. I’m just now digging into the Growers Network and I’m sure I’m going to run into some cool people. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey what’s up my name is Scott Aka medicated Farmer. I was introduced to cannabis at an early age for medical purposes and since has made it a mission to be self sufficient, self sustaining. I’m very eager to meet every1 evolved with Cannabis and the industry, I believe you can never learn enough.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Paulo and I live in Portugal.
I have a Degree in Agricultural Engineering and I have worked in the wine industry, and more recently with herbs and medicinal plants.
Due to recent law changes in Portugal, allowing medicinal cannabis, as well as a sunny and warm weather throughout most of the year, I am very keen in becoming a cannabis grower myself.
I am sure I will learn a lot with everyone here, and I am looking forward to get to know everyone and their experience with cannabis!

Paulo

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Manrique and I am a Costa Rican biologist living in Brazil. I love plants and will like to know about job opportunities and volunteer programs in Cannabis farms. I am also interested in studying the interaction of Cannabis plants with herbivores and will like to develop a project within this area.

4 Likes

Hi Joe, I’m west of Grand Rapids and have the same interest as you. I’m interested in the Micro-Business license. Are you near the West side of Michigan?
Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam!

I’m not, I’m 45 minutes northwest of Detroit. Still closer than some though!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Adam, I am in West Michigan and am interested in entering Michigan’s Cannabis and Hemp industry. This is a career change for me, and I am looking into everything from store management positions to ownership. I welcome all professional opportunities.

6 Likes

Hi Everybody,

While I’ve tried hobby growing a couple times in the past, I have been growing indoor and outdoor (April -Oct) continually since 2015. I grow in DWC in 5 gal buckets for indoor and multi 3 gal buckets filled with Pro-mix in a SCROG configuration for outside.

I have two separated indoor growing areas ( a 3 x 5 x 7 tent and a 3 x 5 shower stall, both SCROG) that are usually at different stages of plant cycle. I started with a 3 bulb 105 watt CFL fixture which was fine for 2 grows. Then I switched to 3-300 watt LED and eventually a 2000W LED lamp. I was never disappointed with the results from the LED lamps but they would start to fail after a just a few months so I decided to try 600w HID lamps (HPS for bloom and MH for Veg) and still use them at the present time.

While I have and continue to try and grow different strains, Indica dominant plants tend to be my favorite as they are high yielding, easily managed, finish in 60 days or less after flowering.

I’ve probably made every mistake possible in the last few years but I’ve had a lot of fun and harvested a lot of bud. I’m here to learn and possibly help newcomers to growing about possible issues and pitfalls that I’ve personally encountered.

I look forward to increasing my knowledge as well as yield by listening and learning from all of you

Tod

8 Likes

Hi,
I have been in the industry for about 3 years. Been around Cannabis for over 30 years. Cured myself of epilepsy in 1994 living in Humboldt with Cannabis.

Was in wine importing and distribution for about 22 years before coming to the industry. So I understand marketing and branding and how important it is.

I have taken my company from 750k in sales to 3.2 million in a little over a year.

I am currently looking for new opportunities. Please reach out and let’s chat.
Best, Tod B

6 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Tim. Great to be a part of the community.

I been growing regularly for about 3 years now but have grown on and off for 15 but just haven’t been real successful till the past 3.

Anything else, just ask :blush:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community to all our new members! We want to take a moment to recognize some of the new faces to grace our Growers Network forum. Please welcome: @hvanegas89, @Mancity, @skynsage, @themonkeycant, @danny, @lunagrows, @vega0284, @projectCAREY, @Jamneeyore, @medicatedfarmer, @psantos, @manriqueprada, @adam.murdock, @tkawer, @todb, and @tdubwilly.

Let’s give everyone a big shoutout and a bigger GNET Welcome!

8 Likes

Oh thanks!

4 Likes

Howdy. Welcome this group has been motivation to participate in my recovery. Look forward to meetin ya. I’m 4 year medical patient who has quit 5 pharma’s with cannabis 3 left. This is second year to cultivate blessed cannabis.
I’m dedicated to Sun grown organic which is a challenge at elevation. What a blessing to raise your own medicine. Been long time comin Thanks to all who helped make possible.

6 Likes

That’s amazing! It’s remarkable how healing this plant can be! We are all in total support of your recovery. Thanks for sharing your journey and we look forward to hearing more about it.

At what elevation are you growing? How are you able to overcome and work with the environment to produce your medicine?

4 Likes

I’m @ 6500’ this means short season timing critical and my key is working with mother nature not fighting her. This year I cheated some and started seeds indoors and have them harden off (I hope) my mountain Goddess’s are screaming to be outside waiting on one more llow pressure system to come through. Have been told long as plant flowers outdoors can be considered sun grown I don’t totally agree. Not big deal unless your retired horticulture’s. Look forward to sharing journey with you folks. Enjoy cultivating.

5 Likes

It’s not cheating if you get away with it :wink:

Good thinking!

Maybe even grow a clone indoors over this growing season, get it good and big, then throw it outdoors next season?? :blush:

4 Likes