Introduce yourself!

My name is Mike Drust I was born and raised in the marijuana culture of Los Angeles. This continues to be a significant part of my life today on so many levels. I recently moved to Tucson Arizona to complete a master’s degree at UA in controlled environmental agriculture. I have worked in the green industry for 20+ years, 5 years in hydroponics. I’ve held several state and national licenses related to horticulture. I was a licensed social worker for over 10 years where I interpreted and applied state law. I intend on being a leader in the industry. I love to teach and very interested in Research and development. I spent 6 months in California and worked in indoor and outdoor farms, dispensaries, and marijuana kitchens to get a feel for the industry as it emerged. I was shocked to learn the chemicals that were being used and the lack of clean and safe practices. I met good people who did bad things because it was common practice and they didn’t know any better.
I love the Controlled environment agriculture technology and could be happy growing food but the truth is marijuana is my true love. I’ve read tons of blogs always trying to gain knowledge but this is the first group I wanted to be a part of. It was the Cannacribs videos that really spoke to me. This is the technology that will be used in the future and they are the leaders in this industry. This is where I feel I belong so thank you for having me.

4 Likes

Greetings, All. I am the US distributor of AgraPro, an OMRI Listed (and process patented) Peat Extract, which is a Biostimulant and Soil Amendment that represents an improvement over the Leonardite-derived products with which you might be familiar. We are not yet registered in all 50 states (but can be as needs warrant), but have had good tests in CO with a grower who confirmed we reduced transplant lag and boosting plant growth. Feel free to reach out with any interest or questions, and we can see about trials, etc. We are in NJ, which is hopefully soon to come into the fold of legalized use!

3 Likes

Hey Mike, welcome! With whom are you studying at the U? Stacy and Gene?

1 Like

Hi Nick, Murat Kacira is the director of the grad program. I just got here and the process of transitioning with my family has been consuming. I plan on starting with the core courses next fall. Are you a CEAC grad?

2 Likes

Sweet! I know Murat. You’re in good hands! Welcome to one of the best ag departments in the world in one of the best cities on the planet!

I got my education in Chicago. Both my siblings attended U of A. Growing up in Tucson makes you bleed blue, red and white. Go Wildcats!

2 Likes

Good morning, fine GNET members! Welcome to everyone who has joined us overnight! Looking forward to today’s AMA with Bryan Eden…It’s time to have some good Canadian grow talk, eh!

3 Likes

Hi Reed- I LOVE that comment that you need to never stop learning. Words I live by!

3 Likes

Katie Yes! Once you stop learning is when you have problems!

3 Likes

The true way to master any task = teach it!

Keep learning. Keep teaching. :pray:

1 Like

Good day G Net!!

Would like to welcome a few new members and say Heyy to our existing members.

Welcome and a warm Hello to @salvey01, @Cure_Advantage_Ruben, @ron, @grascannabis, @cschubert, @kjordan, @ddisa10, @Soma, @EricRahn, @greenguidetours, @bryan.eden, @Dendro, @helen, @Richard.Guerra, @nicklewis003, @mjiongco, @thomasmckinnon, @amintz, @mdrust, @brian.kunkel, @bookedandbalancedcas, @AgraPro-Mark, and @AltMedReed !!!

I would like to also Thank You All for stepping onto our Intro stage to let everyone know that you are a part of our wonderful community! Appreciate all of your introductions and chats to one another.

Just a tip from I, Kareenabis… I will be reaching out to those of you who have yet to put up a profile picture as I see you online. Look out for a Ping from me in your pm inbox.

Being an active member in our community is what will help all of you build and establish successful relationships in this industry.

Also, for laughs - Think about it like this, communicating in our G Net community without a profile pic, is just the same as walking through your place of business or even a trade show with a bag over your head. Ping! :grin:

Thank you all for being active members!!

All the best,
Kareenabis

5 Likes

Sending a very special Welcome to @kyork & @Haley_Batch64 with Batch64!

From your house, to our house and now back in our community! @Growernick and I are Very happy to have you here!

Great soil product ladies! Looking forward to more posts and interactions from you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to all our new members! Look at all that high quality coco next to that funny-looking bearded fellow! :yum:

4 Likes

Hello everyone. I am Dj Greslie I am a grower as a lot or all of us are that are on here. I have been growing for 23 going on 24 straight years. I do mostly outdoor and greenhouse, al though I have done a hand full of indoor. I believe that we can all learn sumthg new. Even thought there is not a lot that I have not seen. I am always willing to try and learn sumthg new as well as pass on the knowledge that I have. I think the biggest mistake that people make in this industry is when sum one ask a question people tend to not explain it well or steer people in wrong direction. I look fwd to working with all of u. Thank u

6 Likes

Hi,

We are Pete and Lee of P&L Grow Systems a horticulture technology company focused on grow environment monitoring and automated control.

We started the company after we found ourselves in the position of needing a way to monitor and ideally automate our grow environments, we wanted to be able to take a holiday again. After taking a look at what was available on the market for what our budget was there was just nothing we could afford that had the functionality we wanted. So as technologist we decided to see what we could put together ourselves to solve the problem, and ideally the final product had to meet our budget requirements.

So after numerous iterations and a lot of frustrating and exhilarating times we were able to produce a solution to our problem, a cost effective, functional and accessible from anywhere system. After posting a number of pictures on Instagram about what we were doing we started to get a number of requests asking to buy one which is what really sealed the deal.

We aim to give home growers through to commercial growers access to the information and more advanced tools without breaking the bank.

Our current production products are theMinder and theMinder+ which are both IoT sensor units which log temperature and humidity data. Access to current and historical data is made available via our client portal along with additional analytics and alerts can be set. These units can be linked to our controller unit which then allows you to automate as much or as little of your operation as possible.

We are look forward to getting to know more of you better and hopefully forming some good business and personal connections.

5 Likes

Good morning GNET!

Another Monday is upon us. I hope all the fathers of the world enjoyed a peaceful Father’s Day weekend. I spent a long weekend working out at the ranch, now ready to greet a new week! We had an exciting last week and are happy to welcome all our new members who joined us. To kick off this week, GNET is proud to announce some exciting new partnerships in our ever-growing list of associations: @maximumyield, @Green_Lane, @maxicrop, and @IndoExpo, just name a few. We are super stoked to have all of you joining our community!

So let’s roll one up and spark up another awesome week!

3 Likes

Hello All!

At United Label, we offer printers and tags+ labels that can increase the efficiency a business’ labeling processes whether it be on the cultivation end or the packaging/branding side of things.

See our brochure attached for pricing and options. United Label Canna Brochure 2018.pdf (2.3 MB)

• Wide range of thermal printers that integrate with all Seed to Sale software options.
  • Full line of color printers for branding.
  • Our printers are able to print high quality bar-codes, QR codes, encode RFID labels, vibrant colored graphic labels, and more on both paper labels as well as durable labels and tags designed for use in a horticultural environment.
  • Label applicators vials, tapered tubes, jars, boxes, bags, etc.
  • We also offer custom printing. Let us do the printing for you! Send us your size(s), quantities, stock type and art files and we can quickly turn around ready to go labels.

Let me know if you would like anymore info!

Best of luck!
Kevin Brennan
United Label & Sales Corp.
kbrennan@unitedlabel.com
Office (216)226-4030 | Mobile (314)713-8449

3 Likes

Hello Hello!
I am Lady Di (the nickname is a gift from a friend)! I have been in this industry for over 5 years now. Looking forward to a bright future - getting a license and opening my first cultivation facility.
As with most brave hearts out there I have been through some real tough times - bugs, diseases, etc…
When I thought I had been through it all I was hit on the side of my head with root rot! In 5 years never ran up on that one - clones from another grower. Seems everything that has gone wrong with pests and disease has been from bringing something from somewhere else into my rooms. Moral to this story - never let your guard down with your plants!

Lady Di

5 Likes

Hallo Lady Di @earthlyalternative and @kbrennan! Welcome! Here’s to a happy and productive Tuesday!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

We’re so excited to be part of this network. I’m Susan, owner of a digital marketing company that specializes in cannabis. My personal mission in life is to ease human suffering and we do that when cannabis is more accepted and understood through conversation and education. Our team loves working in this space and growing stronger brands so feel free to reach out and ask us questions. We’ll be sharing marketing tidbits and ideas for the community so stay tuned.

Susan

9 Likes

Hi all!

I’m Sara, and I provide bookkeeping services to cannabis businesses.

It’s always important to have properly classified and recorded financial transactions, but with unique tax headaches like 280e, it’s imperative cannabis businesses have pristine books. That’s where I come in - making sure everything is squeaky clean and sorted correctly to maximize your legal deductions.

Ultimately, I hate government waste and I hate government greed. Don’t give them a penny more than you absolutely have to!

It’s exciting to see the growth of this industry, and I’m stoked to be a part of it!

5 Likes