Introduce yourself!

@cirrusledgrowlights - Hey Dylan, welcome aboard. Great to have you join. I’m a big fan of LED lights, and love the COB’s. I’ll have to check out your website.

2 Likes

@givingtreefarms Welcome aboard. Pics? I love to see growers setups! It sounds like a beautiful location too!

3 Likes

It is a gorgeous place to live, visit and cultivate. Please follow us on Instagram @giving.tree.farms to see what happens up on the ridge and in the valley. Is there a way to cross post from social media to here?

3 Likes

Hi Nicholas and fellow members of this community. I am ken Kaufman. I am originally from Brooklyn, NY but moved to Peoria, Arizona (Phoenix area) in 1986. I have 30+ years successful experience in the insurance industry. I have 3 companies, an independent agency, a national brokerage and in May 2016 I had a vision. I wanted to get involved in the cannabis business community for years. Not knowing exactly what to do or having adequate funds to do certain things an idea came to me. I should start a new insurance agency focused on assisting cannabis business owners with their property and casualty (liability insurance for example), ‘employee benefits’ and life insurance, both guaranteed and supplemental.

I am offering my time and knowledge to consult on any insurance matters with all cannabis business decision makers. This includes growers, dispensary owners, edible and extract makers and ALL cannabis occupations in between.

I also have a division that assists cannabis business owners to obtain quality life insurance and NOT be declined. A business checking account is not a requirement and will not preclude you from our programs. We also assist the individual user whether for medical, recreational or other use.

Please call me (Ken Kaufman) at 623-977-3411 any time or email me at Ken@CannaLifeInsurance.com . My website is www.CannaLifeInsurance.com

Nicholas, I thank you and the community for giving me an opportunity to shamelessly (NOT…lol) promote my business.

Other than all the above, I love to be with my wife, kids and grandkids when not working. I still play full court hoops, play the drums and I am a quasi ‘Dead Head’.

Gratefully,

Ken Kaufman
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have a topic for people to post links to their social media profiles here, if you want to add yours:

I don’t believe there’s any way to automatically have your instagram cross-post to here, but feel free to post any particular pictures that you are proud of and want to share.

2 Likes

Welcome @cannalifeinsurance! Do you happen to know any real estate agents in Phoenix who can help someone in the business find a location? If so, check out this topic:

3 Likes

Hi All,

I’m the founder of Mecchania, a Supply Chain Management consultancy focusing on consumer electronics, connected appliances, and cannabis-related products. I live 75% of the time in Shenzhen, China and 25% in San Francisco/Chapel Hill. I manage the day to day operations of the company and work directly with clients on high-impact areas including project team creation, IP strategy, and contract manufacturer negotiations.

Before founding Mecchania, I was an early employee at Full Spectrum Laser, a startup manufacturing tools for the digital fabrication industry (Lasers, 3D Printers, and CNCs). Our team had two successful crowdfunding campaigns (>$1M total) and a $10M venture round. I helped draft and am a co-inventor on several patents.

I’m currently a technical adviser to two cannabis-related startups and am working with several clients on new products and product sourcing. I’d love to connect with folks and chat about hardware, packaging, and overall industry trends.

Cheers,
ab

6 Likes

That’s quite the living arrangement @andrew1 - you must rack up a lot of travel miles.

3 Likes

Hello! Nice to meet your all.
My name is Ben and I am the National Sales Manager for INTEGRA by Desiccare Inc. You may know us already by our BOOST humidity control packs which are used for curing, storage and rehydration.

Many people think we are a brand new company however you already know us. When you walk into the local drug store for some Tylenol or vitamins and you find a little pack inside that says “DO NOT EAT,” That is often times our product in there. Those little blue packs in beef jerky, yeah we do that too.

Desiccare has been operating since 1994 providing atmospheric control solutions for pharma, nutra, food, packaging, and military applications. Partners include Harley Davidson, Kroger, Honda Cars etc. Now we are bringing this much needed technology under the INTEGRA brand to agriculture and cannabis to prevent mold, microbial, and waste while preserving potency, organoleptics, and over all consumer perception.

Desiccare is ISO certified, cGMP certified, QPL certified

We offer plenty of different modified atmospheric control solutions for the packaging and storage of cannabis.
I hope to engage many of you in discussions on how MAP packaging is beneficial to cannabis as well as I hope to learn form you more about your needs and/or concerns while processing, packaging, and using cannabis.

Outside of work, I can hold conversations about hockey and how to double haul a fly line for giant trout.

Cheers everyone!

5 Likes

Great to hear this! Where are you based out of? If there is anything we can do for you let me know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @benb! I’ve had people suggest collecting those packets to use instead of a bag of rice if your smartphone gets accidentally dropped in water: How to Dry Off a Soaked iPhone (Don't Use Rice) | WIRED

4 Likes

Hello! We are Infusion Factory, California’s premier co-packer and OEM services provider of cannabis infused products. We are a one stop shop some would say. All one needs is an idea and a budget. Although we are a start-up, we are building our network and client base daily We appreciate the opportunity to be apart of this community, and look forward to developing a relationship with everyone! Feel free to contact us with any questions or to chat anytime!

6 Likes

Hi, my name is JJ, i am from Vienna, Austria.
We are right know starting up a company and will start the production(CBD) by October this year.
Right know we established connections with some Colorado base company according to some help we will definately need in some segments during the realisation.
Definitely looking forward to meet intresting people from the Industry and learn even more.

5 Likes

Welcome @infusionfactory and @cannablove!

2 Likes

Hello! Susie here!! I graduated from Colorado State University with a horticulture degree. I recently started a soil company in Erie, Colorado called COCORADO! I enjoy playing in the dirt. I have been in the cannabis scene for about 4 years and I love this industry because I learn something new every single day. It’s very exciting to see how far we’ve come and think about what the future of this industry holds. I am eager to connect with you all. Thanks for the invite to this network!

5 Likes

Hi @cocorado.susie - who would have thought you could make a living playing in the dirt? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s amazing! I am working hard to spread the word and get more people using our product! We just got a machine that allows us to bag 4 yards in 2 cu. ft. bags in 90 seconds! Should be coming into stores around Denver soon!

2 Likes

Here is a little background on me. I have a lot of knowledge about operations and research and development in the food manufacturing industry. I’m a second generation business owner and we are very proud to be in our 38th year of business at www.italian-rose.com. I have been working at Italian Rose Inc. for nearly 15 years. I am the Co-Owner and Vice President. I am responsible for 153 employees and operations. On any given week we produce 10 to 14 truck loads of fresh Salsa’s, Dips, Sauces and Spreads. We sell those items to large retailers and food service operators around the country.

I have been researching and testing cannabinoids for nearly two decades. I have a passion for this plant and I truly love to learn about its secrets. I have spent almost 5 years studying in both the Medical Market of California and the Recreational Market of Colorado. Our goal at High Hopes Gourmet is to bring better manufacturing practices to this industry and set new standards for safety and potency consistency.

We are located in South, Florida. I was part of the committee that drafted Amendment 2 with the help of United For Care. I believe that we all need to help each other and fight to end Cannabis Prohibition.

4 Likes

Howdy @cole and thanks for helping with the legalization efforts in Florida!

2 Likes

Hello I’m Jeffrey Berger CEO/Founder of JEB GREEN ENTERPRISES LLC. “GREEN PASSPORT” your gateway to a more sustainable lifestyle.

Our goal is to educate consumers about renewable energy options, products and services which lead to the incredible benefits of going green in many aspects of your life contributing to the huge impacts they will have on Mother Earth.

It all starts in the home, followed by within the work environment then community participation improving the world we live in.

Planting environmental improvements one step at a time is where it starts…

Helping cultivators reduce their energy costs allowing more money to be invested back into your business. Reach out via email info@jebgreenenterprises.us or Call: 716-570-2150

3 Likes