Introduce yourself!

Welcome @greenmountainharvest!

3 Likes

Greetings and thanks for allowing me into your network. Just a quick search of the members tells me this forum is full of quality people that I have had the pleasure of working with already. My name is Darryl Cotton and I’m located in San Diego, CA. We pay our bills with the Inda-Gro lights we build but my overriding passion is the promotion of urban farming and how we can use the mainstreaming of cannabis as an entree into expanding the dialogue with politicians and policy makers who are woefully mis/under-informed about what cannabis is and how it can be integrated into our society without completely destroying the simple integrity this plant represents. If ever in San Diego I would invite you to visit us at our 151 Farm and take a tour. We grow hops, Moringa, lettuce, peppers, and of course cannabis using primarily fish water through recirculated water systems commonly referred to as aquaponics.

If you care to read our Cannabis Manifesto it can be found here and I really encourage folks to listen to the TED talk at the end of the Manifesto. Whenever she says food just add in your mind cannabis and you’ll have about 75% of what 151 Farms is all about. The other element is that we strongly encourage the minority communities to have a seat at the canna-table. After all they have been the most oppressed under our previous drug policies. Isn’t it only right that we have ‘More Gardens not Less’ and that the very people who paid the highest prices be somehow integrated into that final model?

I look forward to making more friends in the industry and do feel free to reach out to me should I ever be of service.

6 Likes

@indagrodarryl welcome to Growers Network, Darryl! I had the pleasure of meeting you at the SWCC in San Diego last summer. We were still in our research and development phase at that point. So I’m glad to see you made it on board!

We currently have 680 members from California. So you are at home. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to reading your discussions on urban farming, the current state of the lighting industry and anything else you are passionate about.

4 Likes

Welcome to the group Mr. Cotton! I want to pick your brain.

From the voices in my head
Ethan Kayes

2 Likes

We would love to share all of our projects on this forum but for the privacy of our customers and the NDA’s that we have signed with them, this is not possible. If we do receive permission, we will definitely share it on this forum. Any questions about controls and irrigation, please let us know.

4 Likes

Hi Nick and Ethan. I’m just finishing up a run of GG4, White Fire and GDP from the flowering trailer here on the farm. What that consists of is a 40ft trailer that the entire bed is a flood and drain table that has a fish tank below it where we pump the water into the trailer bed 2x a day. Each plant is in a 5 gal black bucket with a series of 3/8" holes drilled around the bottom of the bucket and 8" of black lava rock at the bottom of each bucket. Coco and soil mixed sits on top of the lava rock. The flood and drain method allows water to enter into the bucket and acts as a diaphragm pushing the air trapped in the bucket up into the root zone. This Sub Irrigation Propagation or SIP method is how our flowering plants get 80% of their watering. Since we can never put anything on the plants that will hurt the fish it’s an organically grown plant too. I use a doser tank to top water the plants for trace minerals essentially giving us the benefits of a hydro/aquaponic garden.

In the long day summer we have a veg flood and drain table that is sunlight/aquaponic/cannabis in 5 gal buckets. We simply pick the bucket out of the veg table and move them into the flower trailer when they’re ready.

If you’re interested in seeing images of these gardens they are on our 151 Farmers FB page @ https://www.facebook.com/151Farmers/photos/a.1421125507944416.1073741848.974523955937909/1501103936613239/?type=3&theater

6 Likes

Hello, Growers Network!

We are Flowhub, a software company built specifically to provide compliance solutions for the Cannabis industry. Check out our website here.

Meet one of our products built specifically for Licensed Cultivators - Flowhub Grow

• Designed to bring a new level of efficiency and accountability to your cultivation operation as you scale.

• Streamlines your Metrc reporting by automating the manual data entry process.

• Maintains a clean inventory database of all your plants and their movements from seed to harvest.

Using our Mobile NUG scanner your growers can scan all your plant tags, report all movements and information to the Flowhub Grow database and Metrc from the palm of their hands.

Flowhub Grow eliminates double data entry, allowing all of your daily Metrc reporting to be completed with the push of a button. Simple.

Flowhub Grow is here to save you time, money and the hassle of human error, see Flowhub Grow in action.

Click here to register for a free demo today.

Or, feel free to contact our Business Development Representative, Alex Erin directly at:

Alex Erin Johnson
alex.erin@flowhub.co

5 Likes

Welcome @flowhub!

2 Likes

What does the destroy button do?

3 Likes

THCnology is such a great name!
Welcome egreen :blush:

3 Likes

@Hunter - When a plant is unusable and must be destroyed, that action must be reported to Metrc. The destroy button on the ‘NUG’ allows you to scan the plant tag for the plant to be destroyed and update Flowhub’s database of that action. At the end of the day, Flowhub reports that action for you to Metrc. Simple and easy.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone. My name is Susan Bouscaren and I am the President and manager of Jack’s Greenhouse Association, the longest running delivery service in Merced County. We are located in the Central Valley of California, about 130 miles below Sacramento. I am 61 years old and a recent widow. I am an activist and worked with the Occupy Movement and other organizations in recent years. I am not a grower but work closely with them every day.

We are in our fourth year of operations and are hoping to get our license for a storefront when the first four licenses to ever be issued in Merced, are issued in December of this year.

We have an awakening in our county to what is going on in the cannabis industry and it is an exciting time with Prop 64 and SB94 coming out on January 1, 2018.

On August 29 the first reading for an ordinance by the County Supervisors will be read and it will be to ban dispensaries, delivery services, and commercial cultivation. Very sad but it was expected. After I open my storefront I hope to get support to run a referendum in the county to bring in commercial cultivation, but that will have to wait till next year. There is no time this year for me to pursue it.

5 Likes

Welcome @jacksgreenhouse2014!

3 Likes

Good morning @indagrodarryl. Welcome to the community. We are neighbors. I’m in OC just north of you. I’d love to take a tour of your facility and learn more about you and your business.

We are on the verge of launching a wholesale bulk flower marketplace in Adelanto. I’d love to invite you to the opening.
Namaste,
Angela
COO
Cannabisbuyer.com
info@cannabisbuyer.com

5 Likes

Hello Susan @jacksgreenhouse2014 ,
Welcome! You are courageous. Thank you for keeping your head up and moving forward. The inevitable happens. Things change. I live behind the “Orange County Curtain”, I know. When I moved into my little town a little over a decade ago, they didn’t even allow tattoo shops! And we are a military town! Now, at least we have 3 or 4. The city council banned ALL cannabis related business, indicating they WILL NOT allow them until they were forced to. So there you go… WE continue on.
Namaste,
Angela

BTW: we are distributors, We love working with delivery services.

4 Likes

Hello,

It is a business that we must all be courageous in!! If you get a chance
you should attend the Cannabis Business NCIA and CCIA in Anaheim in
September. It is full of so many positive people, that it just inspires
you. Also, maybe check out VenderSesh once a month in Newport Beach. I envy
that you all have alot going on down there. We will too. Next year is going
to be crazy. Thank you for the kind words.

5 Likes

Welcome kirkrogerps.kr. We area a packaging provider based in California. I just sent you an email with our information.
Thank you,
Roberto
Graphic Interfaces, Inc.
(858) 278-0090

4 Likes

Hi guys, just joined the community and I am excited to get to know you all. My name is Sean Reed, and I am with a tech startup called Seshat Sensing. We are developing hardware that will allow you to test your cannabis for THC/CBD potency, along with a variety of plant photosynthetic and soil health parameters. We are combining this with an online platform that will allow you to track all this data through created projects to see how different variables affect your grow in a scientifically rigorous manner.

I am interested to hear from everyone in the cannabis community, especially growers. I really believe what we have to offer with our analytics on the online platform can help you have a much deeper insight into your plants, and how your management techniques effect final outcomes like yield or potency.

A little more about me personally, I am a 2016 graduate with degrees in horticulture science and environmental sciences and have been working since in a plant research lab specializing in taking lab technology and making it available in handheld versions for people in the field. I enjoy video and board games, maybe someone here plays League :D!

Hope to connect with many of you soon, drop me a line, ask me a question or visit our website at Seshat.tech

Thank you,
Sean Reed

5 Likes

Welcome @seshat! Looking forward to hearing about your new hardware and how it works. Will this be a testing kit that growers can buy and test the potency themselves, rather than sending it to a lab?

2 Likes

Yes, and our online software will allow growers to set up experiments to run and see how certain variables affected end results like potency or yield. Say you are running two different fertilizers against one another. You can test and log however many samples from each treatment, and on the online platform be able to see with numbers which treatment got more, and more potent THC. This is a very basic example, but its aimed at improving yield and potency through the scientific method and data analysis!

2 Likes