Introduce yourself!

Hi I’m Nick Smart GM at CannaCon. We have one of the largest B2B cannabis shows in the country. Please check us out at cannacon.org Our next show is in Seattle feb 15th-17th.

4 Likes

Hi everybody!
My name’s Ellyn and I just started my first cultivation position in the Colorado cannabis industry. I graduated Kansas State University with a BS in Horticulture in December of 2017 and moved out to the Denver area a few weeks later. So I am very new to the cannabis industry and this state! I have been eager to get into the industry for years now and am very excited to finally be involved.
I’m passionate about plants, but especially cannabis. I am looking forward to learning from experienced growers, and serving as a resource on commercial horticultural practices.
My personal interests and long term goals in the industry are to learn and practice as much as possible to grow the best plants, and to become a highly skilled cultivator. I’m also very interested in breeding and genetics, and greenhouse/ indoor grow technology.

Thanks for having me, and I’m happy to be networking with you all!

7 Likes

Good almost afternoon everyone!

Welcoming @Veridin to Growers Network! They provide security systems, card access, CCTCV and perimeter site protection. Thanks joining us (and thank for explaining to me what you do this morning!)

Hope everyone is having a great day today!

4 Likes

Thanks for the introduction Jordan. I’ve been involved with the private security industry and law enforcement for over 25 years now in the capacity of protecting people and assets. In Canada, my company, Veridin Systems, has been providing integrated security systems for a number of markets, however one of our specialties is securing pharmaceutical and marijuana facilities.

I would be happy to assist anyone with their questions on any security related concerns they may have. I may not have all the answers, but I am sure I can find out.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone.

Colin

6 Likes

Good Day to all,

My name is Cole Berger. I am from South Florida and I have worked in the Food Manufacturing industry for the past 15 years. My experience and passion revolves around the Research, Development, Costing and implementing the large scale production of new recipes. Food Safety and Quality are the most important aspects to any Food Business, it’s the best or nothing.

For the past five years, I have focused my passion for Safety and Quality in and around the Cannabis Industry. I have seen product quality increase by implementing GMPs that are currently standard in other industries. Knowledge is power, I look forward to learning and meeting new people. Together we will advance this industry and end prohibition.

5 Likes

Ellyn, for starters congratulations your new and first cultivation position in the industry! If that’s not deserving a round of applause, I don’t know what is! :grinning: I moved to Colorado about 7 months ago now from Nebraska and I’ve never regretted it! Best decision ever!

Are you allowed to say who the company is you’ve taken the position with?

We have got you covered! We have a whole group of growers here (I’ll add you to the group so you can get the tags and be part of the group PM I have going with them!) Between the group you’ll find someone that likely can help answer questions or walk you through some scenarios if they pop up!

We also have some breeders (like @Subcool and @DutchPassionTony) on the site and we’re actively building out our Genetics section to bring even more on!

Since you’re a cultivator as well, check out our Performance Testing section and you can find free product samples for Integra by Desiccare (desiccant pouches for controlled humidity with curing,) and the upcoming Harvest Gold Silica, which @Growernick has started a grow journal for!

I’m working with the growers and cultivators on the site to find out more of what they want to see (or not see :grinning:) and I’m open to suggestions!

Thanks for being part of the site and it’s great to see more growers join us! Feel free to tag me @Jordan if you have any questions!

4 Likes

Good afternoon Cole! Great to have another experienced professional in our community!

GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practice, right? Have you seen any cases specifically in the cannabis industry so far that helped make that decision for you to want there to be a higher quality or standard set? Any horror stories?

Looking forward to your response and seeing you around our community, thank you for joining us!

4 Likes

Jordan:

On behalf of Rob Hunt and myself, many thanks for the warm welcome and
sorry it took a little while to reply.

We are the co-Founders of Shingle Hill https://shinglehill.com/ and we
look forward to learning about the Growers Network community, and being of
service to its members if there’s ever a need for what we’re all about. We
provide a wide range of consulting services to all segments of the cannabis
industry, most specifically focused on valuations, capital transactions,
and expert witness testimony.

We’re glad to be here, and thanks again for reaching out to make us feel
welcome.

Jake Schrader & Rob Hunt, Shingle Hill

6 Likes

Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the industry and to GNET! As Jordan mentioned, there are many helpful users here and an exponential number of opportunities to continue your education. Reach out with any questions you may have!

4 Likes

Good morning and happy Monday Growers Network!

Would like to introduce our new members from the weekend!

@Braudo
@devin.desnoyers
@falisha
@jeffmjohnson23
@sparnes

Very nice to have you all and feel free to say hello and a bit about yourselves!

Let’s make it a great week everyone! Get that extra cup of coffee or tea if you find your butt is dragging and let’s tackle this day together!

3 Likes

Hello, I am Toch My hubby owns
www.tamisiumextractors.com
I hope your service continues to grow.
This is a break through. We are from Tx .
Have you heard of Dr.Jamie Richardson in Dallas, Tx (SUPER CBD)? We never meet him but are glad he fought for his right to medicate others.
I am amazed at his work and others like you. I hope the laws protect you for a long time. nice to meet you. David started his company in 2005 and has been copy so many times but the patents will eventually get the unsafe units off market. We kind of sat back and let them grow. Now we still are letting it work out the kinks slowly. Never let anyone take what you work so hard to do. We got saturated by copies and confused with copies. but you can see the time we spent since 2005 on our designs. Wish everyone a safe journey as it will only get better. we never meant for the world to use it for cannabis. But glad it is helping people get well and children solve seizure issues and more !! Hope your valentines day is great!!!

6 Likes

I LOVE Tamisium extractors! These are our preferred extractors! Great product for sure! Good to have you here!

4 Likes

Good afternoon everyone!

Let’s welcome in our new members @sleepinglady, @WestPac, and @consulting! Say hello and give a short intro of who you are if you’d like and we’ll see you around the community! Tag or message me @Jordan if you have any questions!

Have a great day everyone!

5 Likes

Hello Jordan - thanks for the introduction.

My name is Patrick from WestPac Solutions, which is a marketing and distribution company for DymaPak sacks. DymaPak makes odor-free weed pouches that come in a range of colors, clear & opaque, patterns and is available in a child-resistant version. Unlike its counter­parts, these sacks are made with triple layers of polymers rather than less-sturdy mesh or Mylar. If anyone wants a catalog or a sample, just let me know.

7 Likes

Welcome everyone, excited to have you join the community!! @john.ohaver @disconform @heainjectors

5 Likes

Hi everyone, thanks @Jordan. I’m new here to the forum. I have a small farm in Northen CA. Hopefully after this week we’ll know how big our canopy will be. Our BOS would love to enforce another total ban. Currently have a 25 max plant count with 300 foot setbacks. Welcome all new members :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::two_hearts:

8 Likes

Hello,

My name is Jordan McHugh. I am the founder of Tractionrabbit.com, which is a qualitative and quantitive market research company for the cannabis industry. I have been in the industry since 2014 when I created an iOs dispensary locator app.

Two years later my company was acquired by a company with an edibles license. While working out of their office I noticed the process of getting new products out into the market with no rhyme or reason. I wanted to change these decisions to relay on a unbiased panel of consumers and budtenders to give feedback before the product is launched. The amount of money that goes into the packaging, machinery, ingredients, etc, is astonished me.

Long story short, I created Traction Rabbit, that helps cannabis brands launch better products by relaying on the feedback of consumer and budtenders. We can do small qualitative studies with less then 30 people to large quantitive studies in ANY market. I partnered up with a research firm, https://cor.us/, who mainly works with fortune 500 companies.

Happy to be apart of this network! I am excited to work with cannabis brands from Colorado and beyond!

5 Likes

@Traction_Rabbit
Glad to have you on board, Jordan!

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Thanks @ShaneB for the call out. New to the forum, long time contributor to the growing community. Look forward to interacting with all the members and working to make growing more automated and efficient. While it is great to have more and more cultivators coming online and more states legalizing cannabis products every year; this drives the price per pound downward. Let us, @heainjectors, help you to optimize your grow to get your cost per pound down and your profit margins up. From boutique growers to those operating on a grand scale we have products to meet your needs.

4 Likes

Hi Jordan and welcome.

Is it just me? I’ve come across three Jordan’s now. You, Jordan the GN Community Manager, and one of our own DymaPac owners is Jordan.

5 Likes