Introducing BudBusterPro

Man I’ll send you some, GF put up 12 qts of atomic pickles and 6 regulars. Been livin on slices with Tajin for lunch.
Nah we make and can sauces, she did 12 quarts of spag base, I’m working on boiling down 6 gallons of Chili base now.

15 Likes

Well, you know I’m never satisfied !

Gotta ask how about the tabasco’s flavor !?

13 Likes

Tastes like Tabasco, not really a great tasting pepper - raw, thin skin just seeds membrane and Hot. I ferment it in lacto, and make my own version of tabasco, maybe 2x the heat due to vinegar/salt dilution. I use Serrano’s for my everyday, pizza, eggs etc sauce, nice meaty flavorful pepper, about as hot as a Jalepeno…Also the green end of season ones go into a giardiniera for beef sandwiches.

12 Likes

Excellent ! I’m a Serranos kinda guy !
Love em in chilli rejano (sp?)

I can usually do the Jalapeños with mexican food…but that’s about my limit !
LOL, when I’m eating Jalapeños, I carefully gut em and remove the seeds !!!
Talk about a lightweight !

14 Likes

That’s very impressive :+1:t2: Way to keep your stick on the ice eh lol.

12 Likes

It’s not the normal seasonal crop…I’ll attribute the bumper on both of those plants to BBP… seriously. Its double I would normally expect. Stuff isn’t cheap, but hot damn, its worth it on even standard veggie crop. Disclaimer: No this isn’t a paid advertisement or I’d throw a bunch more F Bombs if ya paid me.

15 Likes

Well, that’s certainly an attractive offer which I’ll reserve for specific circumstances…

12 Likes

I’d fucking drop a bunch too for a bottle if your wanting advertising - fucking Ā!!! LoL ol Loc’s opinions don’t mean much anywho! LMAO :rofl:

12 Likes

I got lots of them this year, but everything else sucked. Cukes I got less than a quarter of what I normally do, and barely got any tomatoes at all. Really bad year for the garden. See saw weather into late spring and early summer, then blazing hot with no rain. I literally only got like Six tomatoes, and they were turning half rotten before I could get them fully ripe. I would have gotten a few more tomatoes had it not been for possums raiding my vines.

Marty

12 Likes

Yeah you guys got all the rain we got last year, being able to controlled fertigate goes a long way, as we all know.
I went as far as putting in perf drain tile in my rows, and a well point and pump…I was determined not to the weather wipe me out like last year. Last year I went from the best I had in 30 years of doing it to Drowned dead in 2 weeks.

11 Likes

To BBP or not to BBP, that is the question?

Third table like this and nowhere near done. 6 more gallons Spag. sauce reducing… tomorrow I’ll roast a bunch and smoke a bunch of Toms for Salsa and Chipotle sauces.
I could grow half the Toms for the money utilized using BBP Insert lots of F bombs

18 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Dog!

Just one question for you…exactly how many F bombs (stars?) are we talkin about here?!

:wink: :upside_down_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

I’d give ya 5/5 or 10/10 stars buddy (sorry I fixed that it didn’t read correctly), whatever the scale may be. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
I don’t mind being honest If I believe a product does what it says it can/will do. I don’t usually hand out accolades, but am quick to bitch if not happy like a typical US consumer.
I’m not kidding, it was a great growing year, not dealing with 2’ of rain but This was definitely a bumper year on the plants I did apply BBP to. And I was stingy, I only sprayed them while they were small so I didn’t lose a bunch to overspray/dryfall. It really got them kicking early, which payed off in the end. My garden soil is heavily amended with all sorts of the normal stuff, and everyone got Xtreme granules in the planting bore this year. But the standouts are the toms and tabasco that also received the BBP applications - I will do it again next season!

15 Likes

California has the Strictest fertilizer labeling requirements in the nation. The State of Washington has very similar laws. Truth of the matter is, that many states don’t even require heavy metal content be labbed or disclosed ! (LOL, I’ve actually had growers tell me that their manure products don’t have any heavy metals!)

Anyway, just received this notice this morning from CDFA…thought some may find it interesting…
September 1, 2022

Notice to Fertilizing Material Licensees

Use of the Term “Seabird Guano” on Fertilizing Material Labels

Dear Fertilizing Materials Licensee:

Seabird guano has a history of use within fertilizing material products. To ensure uniform labeling in California and provide accurate representation to consumers, the Fertilizing Materials Inspection Program will be implementing standards for labeling of seabird guano. Beginning January 1, 2023, all new labels must meet the updated definition. For registration renewals of seabird guano-containing products, firms must provide supporting documents at the next renewal. Label changes must be submitted and approved during your firm’s next renewal cycle and must be fully implemented in the channels of trade by the subsequent renewal cycle.

As of January 1, 2023:

• To be registered for distribution in California, products claiming to contain seabird guano must comply with the following definition:

“Seabird guano is the fecal excrement from marine birds. Seabird guano has an organic matter content greater than 40%, is a source of nitrogen (N) and available phosphoric acid (P2O5).”

1. Registration application for any product claiming seabird guano must provide:
  • Documentation of the seabird guano supplier (invoice or proof of purchase);
  • Laboratory analysis of the seabird guano that includes total organic matter content, total nitrogen (N) and available phosphoric acid (P2O5).
  • Labels that specify the origin of the seabird guano must provide proof of that claim.
  • “Fossilized seabird guano” or “mined seabird guano” are not acceptable terms on fertilizing material labels. If the material meets the definition, it should be labeled as “seabird guano.”
  • If a seabird guano ingredient supplier has not provided the supporting data to the program, the product guarantor is responsible for providing that documentation.
  • At the Department’s discretion, products submitted for registration as seabird guano may require an analysis for avian DNA prior to registration. The program may also conduct DNA analysis of products in the channels of trade.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at fertilizer@cdfa.ca.gov or (916) 900-5022.

10 Likes

I agree with you, the BBP definitely made a difference. I too will be using it going forward.

12 Likes

AdorableAromaticBlackrussianterrier-max-1mb

780a3669-508c-4ffb-917e-5d3df8fc6311_text

what-it-needs-is-more-cal-mag

12 Likes

Only in Kalifornia… buy electric cars…WAIT don’t plug them in we"ll have a brown out or complete failure of the grid… BUY ELECTRIC CARS !!!

Marty

11 Likes

LOL, Land of the Loons Marty!
Gettin ready to test that grid !

today 111, 112, 108, 110,109,101 !!

Gives a slight hint why this is the land of the mites up here!

11 Likes

I fermented a couple gallons…holy effing christ’s, illegitimate child juan …jesus was adopted… Best Salsa I’ve ever had or made, and I make about 5 diff variants but damn.

10 Likes

Well it’s probably due to your artisan skills, but damn…thanks for that!

LOL, two down…one to go!!! As soon as I realized what BBP was doing, I had three quirky things strike my mind, Cannabis, chili peppers, KONA Coffee !!!

Now I’ve got to find a coffee grower! You have to decide if you’re going to market your salsa, or grow the peppers!!!

9 Likes