Introducing GroWash

Hey y’all,

When I first joined Growers Network I talked about how excited I was to introduce y’all to my client, Gruene Anolyte, a green tech company with a suite of hypochlorous acid products. Since that time I have dissolved my consulting business and joined up with Gruene Anolyte full time as their VP of Marketing and National Sales Manager for their agricultural division.

For those unfamiliar (as I was until recently), hypochlorous acid is a powerful yet safe and non-toxic disinfectant that has been in use since World War I, and for nearly a century it remained highly unstable, but after years of R&D we now have a line of pH-balanced hypochlorous acid products with an 18 month shelf life.

What this means for the cannabis industry is the ability to replace the use of hydrogen peroxide (and hopefully some other chemicals) with something safer, more sustainable, and more beneficial for your plants.

Our first product for the agricultural industry is called GroWash. It is a 200ppm plant and root cleanser that can solve a wide variety of problems whether you run hydroponic, aeroponic, fogponic, or traditional growing operations.

To learn more about GroWash feel free to ask me a question here or check us out at https://GroWash.com.

You can also email me directly at @Pacifico .

Thanks for reading and for all the education y’all have given me over the past six months!

V/R,

~Pacifico

P.S. - Because I believe so strongly in the mission of this company and the benefits of hypochlorous acid, I am using my own commission to start a sales referral program. Anyone who refers a grower or business to me that then purchases our product will receive a 10% commission on gross sales revenue for that customer. I’ll keep this going as long as I make a commission, so at least until next May, but hopefully long after that as well.

@mastergrowers @growopowners @GrowOpEmployees

7 Likes

Available in - or for shipping to - Canada?

3 Likes

What makes the GroWash different from other formulas, @Pacifico? Why should growers consider purchasing this product? Why should growers choose hypochlorous acid as apposed to hydrogen peroxide solutions utilized by many growers?

3 Likes

Hi Dr. Shaw,

Thanks for your inquiry and I will have an answer for you by the end of the day. We will be looking to offer our products across North America, I just need to make sure we are covered from a regulatory standpoint since you’re the first person outside the US to inquire about international shipping.

3 Likes

Thanks. FYI, I currently use UC Roots (0.028% hypochlorous acid in 10L containers), so that would be my basis for comparison re product cost, availability, quality, utility, etc. Looking forward to learning more about your product.

2 Likes

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your questions.

GroWash differs from other HOCl products because it is pure hypochlorous acid with no stabilizers. Many competitors use additional ingredients such as boric acid or phosphates to help stabilize their formulas. Our team has managed to stabilize HOCl with just the right mix of salt, water, and electricity to make the purest formulation on the market.

Plants naturally produce hydrogen peroxide on their own, which then converts into hypochlorous acid, so we are effectively amplifying this natural process through biomimicry with a safer, cleaner product.

While food grade hydrogen peroxide can cause skin bleaching and other issues for growers, our product is safe and non-toxic to the point that you can spray it in your mouth and your skin. While we do not recommend spraying it in your eyes at 500ppm we are working on an eye wash at a lower concentration given its effectiveness and gentle nature. Our 200ppm cleanser is appropriate for everything from foliar application to cleaning any part of your grow. We tell people that no protective equipment is needed aside from common sense. The stabilizers I mentioned are why other HOCl products have warnings on their containers and MSDS.

We are also in the process of registering our 500 ppm hard surface disinfectant across various states (currently available in MA, CO, TX, NV, OR, WA, MO, and KS). We have a federal EPA registration for our hard surface disinfectant which can kill everything from c. diff and e. coli to powdery mildew, spider mites, and aphids.

We will be pushing for certifications to allow our disinfectant in foliar applications as well as we believe it will be safe for live plants at that strength, but that process will take a bit longer and because the hard surface disinfectant can help create the cleanest grow rooms out there we believe that the preventative maintenance part will help with a variety of issues before they get out of hand.

3 Likes

Confirmed we can ship to Canada, just need to know location and quantity desired to make sure we can be competitive for you. Shoot me an email with your needs and I will follow up directly. Thanks again for your interest!

3 Likes

We’ve been using hypochlorous acid in our grow for several years now and have found it to be really versatile. We use it weekly as part of our IPM program and the plants love it. We have found it to be most useful in controlling PM on early veg and late flowering plants when pressure is high and options for spraying at those stages are limited. We buy a concentrated solution and mix to our desired ppm, mostly to the 200ppm range.

4 Likes

Interesting info @redbarngrowers! Thanks for sharing! Have you ever experienced any deleterious effects or plant tissue damage from the hypochlorous acid?

3 Likes

@Growernick We’ve never seen any damage. Our applications have almost been entirely foliar

5 Likes

Good to know! I am always on the hunt for an innocuous cleanser / foliar to add to the IPM arsenal. Thanks, @redbarngrowers!

3 Likes

@Pacifico Tyvm. Will do.

1 Like

@Growernick I add hypochlorous acid to all feed solutions, both in DWC and in top-fed (Blumat) coco/perlite in fabric pots. I also use it at “cleansing” strength for (1) cleaning equipment, (2) in the aeroponic Cloner solution (same primary ingredient as in EZ Clone’s “Clear Rez”), and (3) for a 20-sec full immersion (dunk) of new cuttings prior to trimming. Never a problem. In fact, arguably many problems averted.

4 Likes

Can I ask what dilution ratios you are using for cleansing vs. propagation?

2 Likes

I’ve been following the label guidelines, which are essentially the same for both products (0.028% HOCl).

2 Likes