Introducing us- DryGair dehumidification solution

Hello all, I’m Hadar, I work at DryGair Energies-The solution to reduce humidity inside growing facilities. We developed our solution according to the amount of water plants evaporate- aiming to meet the needs of all types of crops which are sensitive to humidity –naturally we work with cannabis growers. We cooperate with the Israeli Agricultural Research Center, hence we have a firm strong database. At the beginning we needed to put a lot of efforts into educating growers they can separate treating humidity (and humidity problems) from treating temperature. On this platform, we would like to share our knowledge and experience. We will upload articles and professional information, and would be happy to receive your ideas/inputs and any responses.

4 Likes

Welcome!
‎ברוכים הבאים ושלום. יש לך ניירות על העבודה שלך? העברית שלי מקראית. אז כתיבה מודרנית קשה כל כך באנגלית!
I want to learn more!

2 Likes

Welcome @DryGair and looking forward to seeing the results of your research collaborations!

2 Likes

Welcome,
Looking at the standard tables for VPD the levels of humidity seem a bit too high. Has this been your experience?

1 Like

I agree, humidity levels on the charts I have seen recently give me the chills, for a grower. I can see it in a propagation room, but after that, I get scared for a grower. There is a trade of in production between maximizing growth and good diseases management. It’s a very fine edge to walk. Keeping humidity below the germination level for Botritis and Mildew, would be my priority.

In our greenhouse house in spring and fall we used our early automation to reduce humidity based on dew point, by turning the heaters on to dry the air out in mornings.

Just my thoughts

1 Like

Try growing with living ecology. Bacteria, fungi, protozoa, nematodes, earthworms, arthropods, etc. Adding ReCharge or anything to synthetic systems doesn’t count cause that actually kills everything but a few straggling bacteria. You can worry much less about humidity, pests and disease!

3 Likes

I was away from the computer for a few days, and I am excited to read all the feedbacks. Thank you for the warm welcoming
Regarding the humidity level you see on our website and catalogs- 80% RH, we designed our solution to all types of crops, in most of the traditional crops the required humidity is 75%-85% and the temperature is ˜64⁰F. We calculated the amount of water the unit needs to condense in these climate conditions inside a greenhouse with plants to be 12 G/h. The higher the temperature/humidity the more water is condensed from the air.
How and why we designed our solution is very important, because this is one of our strengths, the DryGair is directed to agriculture and not to other fields and uses (that don’t include breathing environment).
As for humidity in cannabis greenhouses- our growers maintain humidity levels of ˜60-70% inside their greenhouses, according to their needs. I know many of you think 60% is high, but the problem in cannabis is the humidity trapped inside the flower. As @ethan mentioned, the most important thing is the dew point! We prevent reaching the dew point by controlling the climate conditions. DryGair’s air distribution concept prevents the humid air from being stuck inside the flowers extracting it and creating homogenous climate conditions inside the greenhouse.
Attached a graph from one of our growers- we’ll be happy to read your thoughts.

4 Likes

@DryGair,

Have you worked with growers using red shift glasshouse covers? I remember a large group promoting the benefits of red shift covers at Eilat during the 1990’s. Given that Hops and other short day floriculture crops have been documented, in peer reviewed journals, to produce higher flower set with a strong shift to red and far red.

Also the site is hard to navigate, will you post the direct link to the white papers and a sample of your monthly news letter.

2 Likes

Hi, we haven’t worked with red shift covers. However, the subject is familiar to our experts and the information is available the research center website (it’s in Hebrew…light_smile: דוחות והמלצות | Arava).

All our previous magazines are on this link: http://us13.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=929cfdc67b1dd46c21ee54d6a&id=c644620dd4.

2 Likes

:joy: my Hebrew is mostly biblical and with a horrid Ashkenazi accent. I will slowly translat to English. The verb tenses will drive me nuts! My Yiddish is better.

My be I will sit at a real computer and let it translate it for me.

Thank you!

:joy:

2 Likes

it’s a lot of work, I will ask if something was published in English. :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

Laugh at me I just translated a word as hedgehog. That can’t be correct! Lol

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like