Iron Ironing a Tent

Hey growers, I know I’m not the 1st to iron a tent or be trolled on IG for having wrinkles, but here is my expirience.
This tent has been set up for 3 years, several grows, and the wrinkles will not go away on their own.
The material is heavy duty 1680D with Oxford back.
I started the iron on low and tried each setting until hot did the job and didnt ruin the diamond finish.
Steaming and support from the back of the tent helps. Working around my seedlings in sections at a time. Ironing is no fun, but I like the results.
Kyle M.

11 Likes

@FarmerK , getting trolled on IG is not hard, you not alone. I see you did say you steamed the tent too. That is what I was going to suggest if you had the resources. Well done anyway, you dont want those wrinkles.

2 Likes

Yes @chrisj I steamed moderately with pure water to get the wrinkles out after several passes and cleaned the surface same time. The Mylar on this tent can handle higher temps for sure but I would not recommend doing this with tents that have spray mylar or the 600D materials in my opinion.
I can’t believe I did this but see what I’m saying?
Kyle M

4 Likes

Its looks 10 times better, and most importantly the wrinkles are gone. Well done.

2 Likes

Lol the trolls are everywhere!!!

They have to much time and no common sense. And definitely no sense of honor.

You do you. The more trolls you have the more successful your becoming!

6 Likes

All ABOARD!
67670ab3ebb386e1abb46375be5a56a5

6 Likes

I loved those things lol.

And the my pet monsters.

7 Likes

We had these BOGLINS and man they were cool!

images (8) (1)
images (7)

6 Likes

Absolutely love it!
Trolls in my head.
Kyle M

5 Likes

Open your mind quaid!

3 Likes

This is what I had in mind and why I ironed the tent.
Soo glad I found a reason to use this new iron!
Kyle M

3 Likes

Nice it looks smooth and no wrinkles! @FarmerK good to see you on the forum. :+1:

1 Like