I've got insects I'm not familiar with !?!

My excitement from my girl scout cookies, green kush auto, chemdawg, og bubba kush, black cherry soda as well as my royal queen diamond, white thunder and cherry grapefruit all popping in two days, I’m worried. I have a gorilla glue that’s ready to be put in flower but there are tons of very tiny (slightly translucent though they appear for the most part completely white) insects crawling in, on, around and under my soil. I use name brand soil mixed with sphagnum peat and perlite. Organic nutes, spring water and an occasional scruffing up of the top inch or two of the topsoil is giving you the dirt on the story. This plant is in a clean grow closet than has no growing done in it before. I’m familiar with whiteflies ants slugs and a few others but I’ve never seen or noticed these bugs before. They’re way to small for a pic. There is no signs anywhere that the bugs desire my plant, just roaming the soil. I’m afraid they may damage my roots or hatch into something more diabolical. Any suggestions, comments or feedback will be appreciated. Peace and love.

1 Like

Take a pic anyway ,the damage will show us what bug u have .by the sounds of it u have aphids.did u ever see ants? They bring them in and farm them like a cow. Use spinosad it’s safe and effective;)

How long have they been there? Aphids take a CPL weeks to chew things up

They can’t have been there more than a day or two at the most. I keep too close of an eye to miss much for long. I’ve had an ant problem I’ve been fighting through out my house since spring started. I’ve used a natural spray with peppermint in it to create a barrier around this particular closet because I know ants are known for bringing unwanted guests but some may have carried these aphids or whatever they are in anyway. There’s been no damage to the plant yet that I can find after an extensive look and the mites are so small I’d never get a pic, or I’d sure try. I just finished making a batch of organic insecticide made from half an onion, two clove’s of garlic and 1tsp of cayenne pepper. I will add a little dish soap tomorrow after the concoction steeps overnight. In your experience would this control what I’m dealing with? I’m not familiar with the product you suggested I might use. What’s in it? Thanks for the help !

1 Like

Yes that will help slow them down, spinosad is a all organic fermented bacterium from a run factory in The carribean .it is omri approved and safe for use on food.it can be used on a harvest after crop if on food. So I’d say it’s super safe. If u use it on plants they have 45 days till crop u won’t tasty a thing. It comes at greenlight garden spray or montareys lawn Spray. Try placing a ring of diatomaceous earth around the baseboards and door way in closet it will make a safe and effective barrier

1 Like

Researched spinosad, fermentation, bacteria. Will get some asap. Only have neem oil now.

2 Likes

Neem will help;) spinosad kills ants too they will stay away or die!! And I’d say aphids for sure if h have ant issues

1 Like

Also sticky traps are great to monitor for bugs they go to the colored traps first.i think blue works for ants and aphids

1 Like

Gratitude by the bunch. I needed an ear to bend. It’s late here but I’m one of those ocd growers and sleep wasn’t coming with me freaking out over these miniature Interlopers. Peace and love

2 Likes

Same to you my friend :wink: if you need more info/wanna chat anytime just let us know and we will be right along to help !

1 Like

@panidag you should red this thread I think u also have aphids. It’s that time of year, did u see ants too?

2 Likes